After you've had the top of the line detector from what ever the manufacturer, it's almost impossible to settle for a lower end machine from the same company.  Case in point, over the past several years I've owned, actually remember, seven Fisher F75's, some original and some the LTD mode.  I've had the opportunity to try lower cost machines like the Gold Bug Pro, F19, F5, but can say for surety I've yet to find a machine that comes close to enjoying anything like the F75. 

I recently purchased a new F19 with the intentions of only using for relic hunting, but even though it is a great machine, it still can't fill the void filled by the F75.  Just amazing, you get what you pay for, in most cases when it comes to detecting.   It's something how companies put out a flag ship machine then do spin offs of lesser performance an features. 

Yeah, I hear you Mark.   Especially with a stable F75.  It is such a joy to use.   What I find is the other models become specialty units dedicated to specific tasks or targets.  For example, the F75's lowest gain is still too high for small jewelry detecting in turf.  But the F5 does that task very well.   

HH

Mike

• Like 1

F75 is one of my all time favorite detectors. I wish the could add the ability to adjust the ferrous tone break, but apparently there is something in the basic programming of the machine that prevents that. Great machine, great ergonomics, great coil selection.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/finds-Steve-Herschbach.htm