Last Two Hunts

Nice assortment you got going there. Do you have an acid test kit? you can check the ring easily. lots of nice rings have no hallmark yours looks a little on the thin side but second pic makes wonder if it's gold. I like the old key fob.

strick 

I don't have an acid test kit. It's pretty thin. When I dug it the breath just kind of ran out of me, I was on one knee digging and I had to take a seat. I was all giddy and then after looking at it further I just couldn't see it being real. I figured some high school romeo got it out of a bubble gum machine and tried to pass it off to this girlfriend as the real deal and she chucked it. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:31 AM, BeachHunter said:

Cool finds Skate. I like the fact you’re hitting those nickels. Gold is sure to follow. Good luck!

I do the same thing when it comes to nickels.  Over the years, the majority of all gold rings I've found  ID at nickel or just below. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, Mark Gillespie said:

I do the same thing when it comes to nickels.  Over the years, the majority of all gold rings I've found  ID at nickel or just below. 

agree.....only time I dig gold rings is when I'm chasing a nickel.....

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 9:11 PM, Skate said:

This is the good stuff I was able to pull out of the ground yesterday and today. I have really been focusing on digging "gold" type targets which is why I have all the nickels. I managed one ring but I think it's junk(no hallmark) 4 silver dimes, two harmonica reeds, marbles, some tokens, lipstick case(I think) and the 611 brass tag. What isn't here is the 67 pop tops and beaver tails that I dug in my quest for gold. I'm trying to keep track of all my trash gold sounding targets this year so I can develop some sort of ratio of how many pop tops I dig to gold. I also dug some mystery coins, bigger than a penny, smaller than a quarter and thin. No idea what they are.  

This was really made possible due to the rain we finally got on Monday and Tuesday. Instead of dirt cement I had wet dirt which allowed me to dig quickly. 

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

I think that mystery object is off the top of a lamp that holds the lampshade on. Maybe....

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, Skate said:

This is the good stuff I was able to pull out of the ground yesterday and today. I have really been focusing on digging "gold" type targets which is why I have all the nickels. I managed one ring but I think it's junk(no hallmark) 4 silver dimes, two harmonica reeds, marbles, some tokens, lipstick case(I think) and the 611 brass tag. What isn't here is the 67 pop tops and beaver tails that I dug in my quest for gold. I'm trying to keep track of all my trash gold sounding targets this year so I can develop some sort of ratio of how many pop tops I dig to gold. I also dug some mystery coins, bigger than a penny, smaller than a quarter and thin. No idea what they are.  

Skate, I commend your dedication to digging the "gold" tones.  67 pop tops is very telling.  Here's hoping some gold will reward your efforts!

Tim.

Thanks Tim. 2018 is my year to dig the gold or at least I had hoped it would be once my EQ gets here. It is amazing how many different pop tops there are out there in the ground. I'm hoping to have a ratio of around 75/1 pop tops to rings. I have no idea if this is possible or not as I've never really hunted exclusively for rings.