Hands And Pans Only Areas ( Parks )

I dunno, Vermont is pretty bad. They INSIST that HAND  panning means to literally use your hands to scoop up gravels from the stream, no trowels or shovels allowed !! They don't mention sucker sticks or using gloves on your hands tho?

Dunno if they enforce this or not? Maybe find a Vermont GPAA chapter to ask and get back to us? I'd sure like to know too?

-Tom

• The title was changed to Hands And Pans Only Areas ( parks )

thank u for this info ... to.other members am looking for Alaska  parks...... whats uncle sam boys attitude in this matter  .......say u wanted to spend the summer up panning .....heard from guy that once lived in may creek ( middle of no where inside a park) ....get ready for gear inspection .....i guess rex creek not worth it ......:blush:

If you are caught by an enforcement officer in Alaska they may just warn you or throw the book at you. I have been told directly by enforcement people in Alaska that hands and pans means that and so much as feeding your pan with a spoon is a violation. It’s easier to find places in Alaska where no such rules apply and far less stressful than wondering if your activities are being filmed for legal action.

• Like 1