Minelab Partners Conference Starts Tomorrow

Over on Bill Southern Forum Nuggetshooter.

He said he’s off today to Chandler for the above conference and will be back Tuesday knowing more than when he left.

So if anyone see’s something posted late Tuesday or the next on Bill’s forum do let us know here.

Chuck

Hey Chuck, from Gerry McMullen's FB page:

Minelab Equinox Update.
Staff & I will be attending the class next week to fill our gourds with knowledge, terms, nomenclature..power to help educate our customers with this new exciting Multi Use detector.
If you are interested in getting one sooner (possibly in a weeks), better pay me and get on the short list. If you are in no hurry, but want one when there are plenty in stock, contact me to get on the long list.
This detector is going to be a Game Changer and all for under $900. Yes military get an additional 15% discount.

Bill

Glad I don't have to pay anyone to be on the short list.  Guess I'm lucky and have a dealer who treats all his clients the same regardless.  First come, first served and no paid claim jumping.  Good to have options where money talks though, it's just business, I guess.  Just a pet peeve, sorry for the rant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chase, 

Gerry has a pre-order list like most dealers. Apparently, he has some extras in the pipeline and "If you are interested in getting one sooner (possibly in a weeks), better pay me and get on the short list. If you are in no hurry, but want one when there are plenty in stock, contact me to get on the long list."

Bill

I read it fine the first time.  IMO the "extras" should go to the first ones on the preorder list not to those who are willing to donate an interest free loan for the privilege later to jump the preorder list.  As long as everyone knew that was the way it was going to go down from the get go, fine.  If the rules changed with the "extras" that's a little different.  But like I said, either way it's business.  If one is willing to do business in that manner, more power to them.  Like I said, glad I don't have to worry about it, that's all.

Even though I offered, my dealer won’t except money before the Detector ships either.. 

Bryan

Dealers are trying to help Minelab 'gear up' for the orders.  If they can get some of their customers to put up a deposit on their order then they have a better idea of the pipeline necessary.

As a customer of Bill's he would or would not take a deposit from me on my order.  I've done business with him before.  I don't mind putting a deposit on this one because how much interest am I going to make on $500 for 3 months?  

I'm very fortunate right now with the problem of 'making time' to use it when I get it.  I'm glad there is not a waiting list based upon who will use it right away and the most.

Mitchel

Not sure how minelab gets a better idea on Equinox demand when dealers are all over the map on whether they are requiring deposits.  The deposit thing seems to be purely between the dealer and his customers.  That being said, at least Bill gives his customers a choice and if everyone is on board with the ground rules from the get go, then you know what you are getting.  Some dealers require the deposit up front, regardless with no choice to get on the "less privileged" list.  The good news is that you can shop around and find a dealer that does business the way you want to do business, so it is good to have choices.

I would say there are so many 'shoppers' on a release like this that someone would have multiple 'soft' orders in with several dealers and then cancel or ignore the other dealers when it comes time to take theirs.  That being said I'm out of the speculation business.

I've made an order.  A few months later Bill said I could put a deposit down if I want to and I did.  I really don't know what his policy is.  I'll be getting this detector from him sooner or later. 

Mitchel

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I figure Minelab has communicated with dealers on numbers of folks interested in detector.

These numbers overall, do they have to be spot on? I don't think so.

I certainly don't expect all folks who want an Equinox to actually ge one on the first wave of detectors made available.

The smoke will have to clear, to have better idea as batches of units are shipped to dealers.

It may take 2-4 waves of detecrors made available before the smoke gets thin, so Minelab really knows where they stand as far as demands.

And if the Equinox catches on, even by non Minelabbers, more smoke could be made.

We'll see.

I think this will likely the biggest rollout of a metal detector model(s) we have ever witnessed in history in USA.

Units will be bought by beginners, intermediate, and very experienced detectorists.