Minelab Partners Conference Starts Tomorrow

I don't see "stars" being given for weight, just the actual weight of the detector listed.  Am I missing something?

Steve

CEA64692-6AFF-4CEA-AF43-DBA987FCA25F.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steveg said:

I don't see "stars" being given for weight, just the actual weight of the detector listed.  Am I missing something?

Steve

You're right.. have to clean my goggles.. and no stars for Battery Life :ph34r:

I’ll be more than happy to come back and add all the stars you want after I get my Equinox 800.

I pre-order it before I even knew it rated one star let along the number they show. 

Some of the others didn’t rate too bad but it’s all about what I want. This is clear and simple as I can make it.

Chuck

A friend of mine pre-ordered 4 of them.. in Sept. last year - so we're in the same boat :happy:

I couldn't agree with you more Gerry.  Being in North Dakota, it will probably be mid April before I can get out to do any worthwhile detecting; as such, I've decided to wait to order an Equinox since I know others are really chomping at the bit to get one now.  If I was further south, you would not only have my money for the detector but a new pinpointer too.  Hopefully by mid March there will be some available without a long wait.

HH

• Like 1

Gerry,

Thanks for giving the dealer's perspective.  Believe me, I know that dealers need to protect themselves from unscrupulous buyers just as buyers need to shop around and of course business is business..  My only point was glad I was in a situation where I did not have to worry about what list I needed to get on based on money exchanging hands.  I am lucky to be in a situation where the dealer and I have mutual trust that does not need to be confirmed with a credit card number, if I say I am going to buy it, I buy it and doesn't have to tell me to "step aside".  I do not know what volume my dealer moves so I cannot compare with your situation but I know that the playbook changes when you have a larger customer base.  So perhaps, I will have to wait longer than your prepaying customers, but my sense of loyalty to my dealer because of the good product recommendations, personal service and instruction he has provided will keep me coming back despite wait times and despite knowing that his prices are not necessarily rock bottom.  Some nationally known dealers will not give you a choice, its either prepay or no detector, so I appreciate those dealers that give the customers that choice (just as I'm sure some of my dealer's customers would prefer that he run a long and short list).  The mindset of buyers and what they are willing to tolerate in that regard varies across a wide spectrum, that is why it is a good thing (and yes good business) to have competition and for the buyers to have choices with respect to being able to have some influence over when they get product even if it involves a prepay.  

It's all good and I dare say, since I am sure you know that the product Minelab is producing is not going to be an AT Max situation (even if someone comes up with a new product announcement, I cannot see it even touching what Minelab is offering in the Equinox), this thing is going to sell like hotcakes and dealers will not be taking any baths with unsold inventory, I'm sure of that.  They are just going to be dealing with whining buyers (like me) who are wondering when their 'Nox is going to show up and having to deal with people who say "'Nox."  lol.

Thanks again for responding.

PS, anything you can share with us from the dealer's meeting?

• Like 1