Equinox Multi-IQ Technologies ( Part 3 )

cdv

Ok ok I get it ( best machine ever ) I AM going to wait . Just wish someone would take my money . 

18 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Which mode (s) are you referring to?  All the non-beach gold finding modes (Park/Field 2 and Gold) use higher weighted Multi IQ meaning favoring the higher frequencies which is more favorable to small gold detection.  If you are referring to the both beach modes, then yeah, those are both low weighted and would not seem to be conducive to detecting small gold.

Chase.... ive been told even with those very low freq combos the machines seems to operate like a 15khz with their tweaking.   Did you see the chart doing comparisons to other detectors?   Pretty general as to the high points.   Not sure they were fair to Deus on gold hunting  since it does have 2 higher freq or beach since the dry sand is more than half of beach hunting.   BUT..... obviously ML feels they have a winner as an overall machine.   Battery could be the weak point..... depending on its durability to last.

CEA64692-6AFF-4CEA-AF43-DBA987FCA25F.jpeg

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Chase.... ive been told even with those very low freq combos the machines seems to operate like a 15khz with their tweaking.   Did you see the chart doing comparisons to other detectors?   Pretty general as to the high points.   Not sure they were fair to Deus on gold hunting  since it does have 2 higher freq or beach since the dry sand is more than half of beach hunting.   BUT..... obviously ML feels they have a winner as an overall machine.   Battery could be the weak point..... depending on its durability to last.

In dry sand, if I were trying to concentrate on picking up gold targets, I'd simply go to one of the Gold Modes or Park 2/Field 2 rather than either of the beach modes which ML states should be used primarily in wet salt sand or surf.  Coming from Deus, battery should not be an issue at all.  Dr. Tones was basically swinging an Equinox with a dead battery during his entire beach video, lol.  And yes, the Deus HF coils may still have an advantage in some situations where 58 or even 74 khz can get the job done which is one of the reasons the Deus will stick around in my arsenal even after Equinox shows up.  Deus users are finding those high frequencies are enabling some amazing relic recoveries in highly mineralized dirt.  I am anxious to bake the two off in real world nightmare mineralization this spring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve do you think this statement has changed?:  is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets.

I believe this was a comparison of BBS/FBS...... seems the low freq part may have based on the nuggets you guys have found.   High freq like silver may be nothing more than the depth........and since they say its just slightly less i dare say here on a Fl beach its going to be insignificant..... HOWEVER this latest turn may well have improved the gold performance for us beach hunters.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Steve do you think this statement has changed?:  is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets.

I believe this was a comparison of BBS/FBS...... seems the low freq part may have based on the nuggets you guys have found.   High freq like silver may be nothing more than the depth........and since they say its just slightly less i dare say here on a Fl beach its going to be insignificant..... HOWEVER this latest turn may well have improved the gold performance for us beach hunters.

I think you are mixing up frequency and conductivity terms in some parts of the discussion above (e.g., “high freq like silver”).  Large and High conductive targets (e.g., silver) are typically better detected at depth with low frequency and small and mid-conductive targets (e.g., gold) typically better detected with higher frequencies.  There are no absolutes and other factors such as soil and salt conductivity, iron proximity, and target size come into play.  Hence the advantages of Multi IQ AND high recovery speed become apparent.  Overcoming the instability that results from the varying salt concentration/  conductivity in surf/wet sand is the overriding consideration in beach mode which tends to favor low frequency weighting and may limit small gold detection capability in wet sand surf.  But having a stable detector at least gives you a fighting chance and should also slightly favor higher conductive targets like silver.  Gold mode should excel on dry beach and with Mult IQ should make a decent general purpose dry beach mode.

Was this the statement you were referring to:

“Multi-IQ uses a different group of fundamental frequencies than BBS/FBS to generate a wide-band multi-frequency transmission signal that is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets. Multi-IQ uses the latest high-speed processors and advanced digital filtering techniques for a much faster recovery speed than BBS/FBS technologies. Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions.”

Hi dew,

The addition of multifrequency to the Gold Mode did nothing to change the underlying fundamentals of Multi-IQ. The statement is a generality, nothing more, that attempts to describe the difference between BBS/FBS and Multi-IQ in simplistic terms.

The Equinox was designed to compete with the Garrett AT detectors and XP DEUS more than anything else. If that was not already obvious the leaked dealer meeting photo should make it so! That is the bar Minelab set for themselves. That is also an admission that the CTX is lacking in the ways needed to compete with those detectors, which are outselling it by huge numbers. Addressing that is what Equinox is all about, not replacing the Excalibur or CTX 3030.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hi dew,

The addition of multifrequency to the Gold Mode did nothing to change the underlying fundamentals of Multi-IQ. The statement is a generality, nothing more, that attempts to describe the difference between BBS/FBS and Multi-IQ in simplistic terms.

The Equinox was designed to compete with the Garrett AT detectors and XP DEUS more than anything else. If that was not already obvious the leaked dealer meeting photo should make it so! That is the bar Minelab set for themselves. That is also an admission that the CTX is lacking in the ways needed to compete with those detectors, which are outselling it by huge numbers. Addressing that is what Equinox is all about, not replacing the Excalibur or CTX 3030.

The AT and Deus would out sell the CTX anyway , they are a different price range . The CTX only sells so poorly compared to many because of the price . If the price here in the UK wasn't the price of a small house i might have kept mine . Even if i didn't like it much . Other reasons for its lack of sales are the weight and complicated menu and many people kept moaning about lack of updates . Though i always thought the Exchange 2 was for downloading programs . I doubt that the Equinox will get many updates unless the machine has issues after release .

The Equinox is going to have the Deus and AT types for dinner and any others in that price range if successful . 

• Like 1