What Are Aptx Low Latency Headphones?

martygene

just what are these headphones? are they only Minelab headphones? how will they compare to the wireless XP Deus wireless ones? i'm familiar with the wireless module but have no idea what headphones i might want to use IF i do use the WM8. 

Without getting to technical, it's basically a Bluetooth wireless audio codec that's faster at signal transmission then it's predecessors.   This is because the legacy technology had lag, which is undesirable for realtime audio/visual applications. 

so do you think they will be fast enough for the fast reactivity of the Nox? I can't tell in the picture if they are on ear or over ear. do you know of other aptX headphones and how to look for them?  but i'll try the ones that come with the 800 and see how i like them. i don't really feel like using the wm8 with wired headphones if i don't have to. i guess i'm spoiled with being totally wire free. 

thanks for the replies

well, there are many to choose from i see. now how will they reproduce sound that produces good tonal quality for the Nox. there was a lot of discussion on sound quality on all the possible headphones available for the Deus so i imagine the same might happen here.  ah, just one more thing to learn about with a new detector. 

Quality for some of us with hearing problems is a luxury.  I will use the headphones supplied with the detector and then look for some of the Apt X's with an amplifier or separate volume control.  The next thing I will be looking to do will be to use JP's booster that I own with the WM8 on my cap just as I use it with the 7000.  I find I don't need the booster with the 3030.

Mitchel

25 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Quality for some of us with hearing problems is a luxury.  I will use the headphones supplied with the detector and then look for some of the Apt X's with an amplifier or separate volume control.  The next thing I will be looking to do will be to use JP's booster that I own with the WM8 on my cap just as I use it with the 7000.  I find I don't need the booster with the 3030.

Mitchel

thanks Michael. i do wear hearing aids so there might be a quest for good sounding headphones. 

It already comes with BT AptX headphones, and from all accounts they work very well.  To be honest, I'm not sure why they provide the wireless module on the E800.

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter
8 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

It already comes with BT AptX headphones, and from all accounts they work very well.  To be honest, I'm not sure why they provide the wireless module on the E800.

You probably already know this.

Minelab rates the Aptx as fast.

The wireless module as ultra fast.

Will be interesting to see if a detecting scenario will  actually reflect "weakness" with the Aptx vs using the wireless module.

Take some good hearing maybe.

I know we all want to see for ourselves, but so far, everyone that's tested them has said they're A-OK with zero lag :happy: 

I'd been OK if they knocked another $50 off the 800  and left the WM08 module as an option, although truth be told, it probably costs them all of $5 to build it :rolleyes:

• Like 1