Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - Waterproof To Ten Feet

I have worn out a couple of the black pointers and now the carrot has crapped out.  They seem to lose their settings and you can't turn them off properly and then when you get them on they just keep buzzing.

I like them when they work.  The Minelab pointer is too weak.

What do I get next?  Can I send it back for some credit?

Contact Garrett and send it in for warranty work. I wore a hole thru the tip on mine. Garrett sent me a new one. I think it has a twelve month warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

O i was hopping back and forth between threads on pin pointers. Meant  to post that on a different thread. I got a gpx4500 and was looking for good pin pointer to go with it. I'm even looking into the coiltek mountable probe but can't find any info on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the carrot didn't crap out.  That is the way it works when the battery is low.  We replaced the battery before we junked it and voila ... it is new again.

I can't say the same for our old black pointer ... new battery didn't help it.

Mitchel

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Maybe the carrot didn't crap out.  That is the way it works when the battery is low.  We replaced the battery before we junked it and voila ... it is new again.

I can't say the same for our old black pointer ... new battery didn't help it.

Mitchel

Ya when the battery gets low on my carrot it starts doing all kinds of bizarre things.   Great pointer otherwise.

Bryan

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Glad that worked for you.  Here is what it says in my Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (aka "carrot") owner's manual:

"When the battery becomes low, the detector will sound an alternating dual-tone alarm.  Replace the 9V battery as soon as possible."

Sounds simple and obvious.  Except users such as yourself, Cabin Fever, my sister, and I have all experienced different behavior than the manual describes, then changing the battery and having it be just fine afterward.  Apparently it starts acting flaky before the battery is low enough to cause the unit to emit the dual-tone alarm.

Great device; don't leave home without.  But be careful getting it too close to your horse's mouth!

• Like 2