"Iron Bias" What Is It?

Took a closer look at the NEW quick start guide and noticed a menu setting/adjustment I hadn't seen before called "Iron Bias".  600 allows three step adjustments (0-3) while the 800 appears to allow 9 steps (0-9).  The icon/brief description is across from the adjustable recovery speed setting on the guide on the bottom row.   Can Steve or anyone else explain this setting?  Thanks.

• The title was changed to "Iron Bias" What Is It?

I guess no answer means that ML hasn't released testers to comment on it.  Possibly  because it was only recently updated into their test machines.  The X-Terra 70 has some iron bias built into the auto ground tracking, acting as an iron filter of sorts.  If similar in operation to the 70 naybe ML discovered that they can get better operating flexibility with it as a separate function.

Tom

• Thanks 1

I suspect it helps deal with flat iron, steel, tin, etc.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Took a closer look at the NEW quick start guide and noticed a menu setting/adjustment I hadn't seen before called "Iron Bias".  600 allows three step adjustments (0-3) while the 800 appears to allow 9 steps (0-9).  The icon/brief description is across from the adjustable recovery speed setting on the guide on the bottom row.   Can Steve or anyone else explain this setting?  Thanks.

Now THAT is interesting; hadn't noticed that.  I have heard NO ONE talk about it...

VERY interesting, to me...

Steve

I can't wait to hear this.

DEFINITELY, to me, sounds like some "secret sauce," so to speak, that I'll be interested to hear more about.  I have NO IDEA what it could mean, as I try to ponder...

Might have to wait for Minelab's explanation...  UGH!  :)

Steve

• Like 1

Filter setting? 

Can you elaborate?  "Filter" is a term I hear used a lot by old timers, but I don't really know what "filtering" means, other than processing of the return signal in various ways, for various purposes...

Steve

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It took 30 hours for it to be noticed :wink:. I will be leaving it to Minelab to provide an exact explanation of this control. Soon.

Ha. Everyone was shining the bright light on Gold Mode and the other new mode descriptions, of course we latched on to that diversion.  Lol.

I only noticed it when I was reviewing the guide again to recount the 600 vs. 800 feature deltas.

Can I get a gold flake star on my forehead for being the first to notice.  Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1