New Detector From Nokta / Makro - The Makro Racer

Hi Steve,

As you say, it IS a very good looking detector.   The screen face is well thought out and designed, and I do like the way one can easily move through the various options, similar to the F75, but I think a little better. 

In all likelihood, one can move over to the all metal options easily, and still retain the selected discrimination options, as in the F75.  But, with this detector, your selections are done in single stack, on one side, which, IMO, which makes scrolling and making changes easier to follow, than by going from one stack on one side, then to the stack on the other side, again as with the F75, if you know what I mean.

The 2 tone options I like as shown, however I am not a big fan of four or so tones to deal with, but this feature, likely there could have more tone options than shown here, just a button push away to more or less tones.

The colors of the discrimination ribbon lend itself to be more easily discerned, than the blackness and somewhat hard to see segments of the F75. 

Now, coming soon, is what all of us are interested in, just what is all this innovation going to cost me?  This is an issue which all manufacturers have to deal with, price the new product too high, then the item will sell to a more limited group of people, who can afford anything, but on the other hand, price it too cheap, so more people can afford the newest of the new, then company profits suffer. 

So somewhere in between, the balance of making everyone more or less happy, will have to be struck.   Add to that, there can be one more issue, and that is, this can be a one shot opportunity for a new company.  Grab new and happy customers before the competition can jump in and provide a less expensive, however similar whizz bang metal detector.  It happens all the time...

Gary/Largo

That looks very nice.  

As I was looking at it I was thinking, WOW, I like to have one of those.  But as I look at it some more, other than the vibration mode, I already own what that detector offeres in my F5 and F75.   Maybe the mineral graph is better than the FE304 meter on my Fishers,  but in truth I've already got that. 

So in the end, it didn't deter me from my planned V3i purchase.  I'm still focused on the visual representation of the signal that a configured signagraph can give me.

But nontheless, it looks great!

HH
Mike