Sign in to follow this  
Nuke em

Beach Finds 18-01-18 , Another Silver

Well after seeing the beach yesterday and finding nothing but trash and also having bad weather last night i went back for another look . I went to the areas that i found my last 2 rings and left the main beaches i normally go to alone . I got there at around 6am and saw the beaches hadn't got any worse and looked better than yesterday so i switched on my Explorer XS and got stuck in . Yet again i started to find lots of coinage about , though mostly in hot spots and sometimes in lines along the beach which slopes up to the road. 

I walked around a mile or more till i got to the area of the other beaches then stopped . By the end of the search at around 8.30am i had found another Silver ring , 3 coins worth 50 Euro Cents and another foreign coin like the one i had a few days ago , and another with a hole in it . My spendable coinage score was £30.34p this time .

I am working for the next 6 days so thats me out of the scene till Thursday next . Really winds me up passing the beaches in my work and not being able to check them out .

4) £30.34p FOUND 18-01-18 E. XS.JPG

• Like 2

That doesn't look too bad compared to the abysmal beach detecting I did today while testing a "new" detector.    Our beaches are sanded in, had hoped the storm activity would've erroded the beach, but it wasn't in the cards this time.

HH,
Brian

Its mostly built up here too. Looks good but much to deep to find much in most places. Roll on Thursday.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:23 AM, Nuke em said:

4) £30.34p FOUND 18-01-18 E. XS.JPG

What coins are those with the brass colored outside and silver color inside?

Dave

1 hour ago, midalake said:

What coins are those with the brass colored outside and silver color inside?

Dave

The second line from the bottom are the new Pound coins . The line above are the old Pound coins that are no longer in circulation but can be banked . The new ones are the same style as the old Three Penny bit that we had in 1937 to 67 but slightly thicker and wider. 

2 hours ago, Nuke em said:

The second line from the bottom are the new Pound coins . The line above are the old Pound coins that are no longer in circulation but can be banked . The new ones are the same style as the old Three Penny bit that we had in 1937 to 67 but slightly thicker and wider. 

Wow...they look exactly like 10 Peso Mexican coins.

image.jpeg.b246e26af55a34a01aa05833cd6d2a68.jpeg

Our new Pound coins are 12 sided though .

Richard,a good haul by the looks of it,the recent bad weather that we have had has moved the sand around alot,so you had been lucky finding some coinage,far better than finding 'stiffs' on the beach :biggrin:

5 hours ago, RickUK said:

Richard,a good haul by the looks of it,the recent bad weather that we have had has moved the sand around alot,so you had been lucky finding some coinage,far better than finding 'stiffs' on the beach :biggrin:

Where do I know you from ?

2 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Where do I know you from ?

The defuncted 3C's :biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jackpine
      First two pics are from previous hunts at a fresh water beach with the ID Edge.
      Found an area where the sand moved out a bit and made some older finds.  The 2 large rings had been in the water quite a while the small one is a newer drop probably from last year all marked 925.

and today's very first finds with the Nox.  Small Sterling Silver bracelet and the usual stuff.  The melted car looks a bit like a Delorean that perhaps did too many time travels and the large metal ball.. I have no idea what that's from. Perhaps a weight from a fishing net?

• By schoolofhardNox
      Possibly my last beach hunt until fall. They don't allow detecting while the public is using the beach, once they open for the season. Today I tried 2 beaches, but quickly left the first one to go back to a more reliable one. It was a good move. The gold streak continues with 2 (possibly 3) gold items. I found some nice silver too, including a beefy .925 Academy ring. Great day to be out detecting and I finally found my first gold chain with the Equinox!

• By Nuke em
      As the Equinox is having trouble with EMI and other things on the beach where i go i decided to use my E.Trac today . I got to the beach after 3pm and searched the lower beach till low tide walking for around a mile . I found a few coins here and there through out the search and it seems that the Nox hasn't been missing that much . I found most of the coins at similar depths i was finding the coins yesterday with the Nox except for a couple that would have been i think to deep for it . I still find the ET much better for target info and tones than the Nox . I also found a Silver ring and a Bell , dont know what its made of though .
      After searching the lower beach i went on the tops but it was very quiet for finds so i finished and left for home at 7.30pm . Not sure when i'm out next , might be tomorrow but i might leave it till next Tuesday . The weather is going to warm up a bit over the next few days , typical . I have to work for 6 days after tomorrow .

• By Nuke em
      Today i took the Nox out again and only the Nox "mistake" ! I went to the beach at around 12 noon so i could work the tide out then do the tops for the fresh losses and i am sure there would have been some . The machine behaved mostly lower down the beach between the tides where i found all the finds for today . I didn't have any gems this time , considering the conditions of the beach i am surprised . It looked good . 
      But like i said it was a mistake to only take the Nox , normally i would take the Terra and change the machines over on the Anderson shaft. When i tried to use the Nox on the dry tops like the last trip i had nothing but interference from something . Maybe EMI from the clubs again or maybe mobile phones ?? plenty of people using them on the beach today . It got so bad that the headphones kept tripping out and the machines main speaker would go on , then the machine would just go silent like when the ET or Explorer's would nul on a target of Iron or something . I noise cancelled several times but it made no difference at all. So i gave up at around 4pm and headed home . My finds for today were £15.03p and 2 foreign coins .
      It is an understatement to say how bad the conditions of the beaches i search are , and many think i am being negative . I'm not . From now i will only take the Nox out with the Terra 705 , it will mean more weight in the rucksack but its the only way to make sure i have a machine for all areas of the beaches i do . The Nox works in the water and up to the ridge where it gets level with the tops but on the tops its hopeless . I will have to visit another beach elsewhere at some point .
      Tomorrow i am thinking using the ET so i can go on the tops and do a little in the tidals too , on that beach that and the Explorer 11 are the only machines i have that can do all areas without trouble . Except for some nulling on Iron and bonfire markings , that will be early in the morning at 5am till 10am if i go . Tuesday is a definite due to 6 days working after that. 
      Very frustrating !

• By Nuke em
      This morning the tide was in early so i went to the beach for an 8am start , the tides are a bit short right now and much of the beaches are built up .
      I used the Nox today and i decided to have a go on the dry tops and try to solve the EMI issues . First though i got my feet wet looking for goodies low down and came across a few coins and a knackered strange looking Silver ring with its band broken . When i got to the area that has the worst EMI i went up to the tops and did a noise cancel , this time it worked . Though only for 15 minutes or so then i had to do it all over again and then again ...... .
      By the end of the search i had found £22.72p and the Silver ring . I wish the Gold would show up , maybe it will on the longer tides when i can get onto sand but then i am working the next long tides so might have to wait till later . I saw 2 other detectorists , 1 with an E.Trac and the other with a cheapie machine , dont know which machine .
      My next day out is in the weekend . Working tomorrow .

• By Nuke em
      Tuesday evening after work i went to the beach again , even though it was a bit cooler and misty i thought maybe there would be something to be had. I got to the beach at around the same time as the last time at 7.15pm and used my Terra , i took the Nox with me in case the lower beach looked suitable to detect . But it didn't , using the Terra is easier on my beaches on the dry tops.
      I searched the same beach as last time plus another East and by 10.30 i was almost finished when a couple with a torch appeared and were looking for something . They said the Girl had lost a Silver ring , they seearched one area but i thought after looking that they must have lost it slightly further away . And i was right , within a few minutes i had found it . So thats 19 i have had this year , though i dont have a picture of it . My total finds for this search were 2 Junk rings , a junk ear ring , the Silver ring (returned) and £30.69p and also 2 Pencil sharpeners ! 
      My next search will be with the Nox further West on Thursday morning for low tide . Time to find Gold , if its there . I know fresh coinage might be boring to some but to me its what pays for my machines and thankfully it does. It will be a sad time when it all finally goes cashless , finding coins will be very nostalgic .