How Long Do The Aptx Bluetooth Headphones Run On A Charge?

I've never had Bluetooth headphones or earbuds that lasted as long on a charge As stated or advertised. Steve, I know you have used them so maybe you can say how  long they last before shutting off?

That will depend on the number of targets per hour. Rare beach beeps are not going to drain the headphones as quick as 15 beeps per swing trash detecting. I have not run a full test to expiration thing myself but the spec I have access to indicates that 15 hours should be a reasonably conservative figure. 20 hours is indicated as a maximum but that would be under the rare beep scenario, and probably only when brand new.

For what it is worth these are one of the few headphones that I have ever received with a detector that I actually like and use. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks, Steve. I will certainly be in the iron- laden spots much of the time, but not all.  The fact that you like them says a lot, It is my preference to use the aptX and  to keep a pair of lightweight wired headphones I can use if the aptX  run out before I'm done detecting, I do want to try wired phones with the wm 08 module simply because I can, although I assume the module has limited charge time too. 

I'm really looking forward to being untethered to the EQ. I've never used anything but wired headphones. 

While on the subject, although I have no intention of using the detector speaker, I assume doing so would significantly shorten battery run time?

I know they are not the minelabs, but should be similar with respect to battery life.  Specifically, I have never had the Deus detector outlast the Deus wireless headphones on a charge.  I would suspect that would be case with both the supplied Minelab APT X headphones AND the supplied WM 08 wireless module that you can plug your existing wired headphones into.  Believe me, wireless really frees you up during target recovery in farm field relic recovery where, as you know, you typically have to maneuver around to dig larger, deep holes often with the detector lying on the ground.  And remember, you can stay wireless longer by using the APT X phones, and then if they somehow do not last the entire session, you can, in a pinch, whip out a set of wired phones WITH the WM 08 wireless module and still stay untethered from the detector. HTH

They work with any Bluetooth headphones. There are some cheap Bluetooth phones on the market. Use them as a spare to keep wireless if your headphone battery dies. 
Steve, have you tried other brand Bluetooth headphone on the Equinox?

True any Bluetooth headphones can pair to the equinox but I'd be concerned they would not be of the low latency type ,and those that are probably cost more. Either get a spare Pair of APTx or use any wired headphones with the wm08. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chase Goldman said:

The only drawback being that while you can run the Equinox while charging, you typically cannot run BT headphones while charging them.

That's true but nothing a quick lunch break can't take care of :-) 30 minutes probably gets enough charge to make it a few more hours.