Steve, Is There A Waterproof Plug For The Nox....

Dan(NM)

I'm hoping the Gray Ghost folks can get their hands on the Nox connector so we can have a choice for waterproof headphones.  Problem is that probably won't happen until long after the Nox hits the streets.  I have to say I'm really not very impressed with the whole Nox roll out process and lack of information (delivery date, manual, accessory prices and availanility, etc.).

Dew - I hear ya.  When I say it was a ML business decision, I say so through gritted teeth.  No technical reason that I can see, unless the CTX waterproof jack was going to make the control box difficult to qualify as watertight, to not allow compatibility with the CTX audio accessories (coils, now that's a different animal).  And even though we are all probably going to wait until the water warms up, it would be nice to be able to have the accessories available from the get go.  My main point was that you really only have two choices, make the old CTX audio accessories compatible or have the Equinox audio accessories available from the get-go.  Waterproof adapters just require too many compromises vs. integral watertight plugs and are subject to premature failure or high cost.

10 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

I'm hoping the Gray Ghost folks can get their hands on the Nox connector so we can have a choice for waterproof headphones.  Problem is that probably won't happen until long after the Nox hits the streets.  I have to say I'm really not very impressed with the whole Nox roll out process and lack of information (delivery date, manual, accessory prices and availanility, etc.).

I am pretty sure Minelab will have their accessories out b4 Gray Ghost, and to be frank, the Gray Ghost waterproof accessories are typically just as expensive as the OEM equivalents.  Don't get me wrong, I have and enjoy my Gray Ghost headphones, just saying that the wait will be longer, most likely and their will be no price advantage.

Regarding the Equinox roll out - welcome to detector roll outs.  Max was no better, Impact no better, even the Deus HF coil and pinpointer release was about as much fun as this.  Frankly, they have not missed a date yet.  Never committed to a time frame until December and last I checked we are still in January, so they still have about 4 days to meet their "shipping" promise which only meant it would be on its way to the dealers by then.  The accessory thing is annoying, though.

Does this make me less anxious to get my hands on one? No.  But certainly not overly disappointed overall with how Minelab is doing this.