Equinox And Excalibur Power Bank

Nakky

OK....... i see that.   You thinking of putting say a RNB batter pack in there for recharging?   Going to be pricy.   You will have to mod the cable with a connector for the Xcal pod....... $75.... plus that battery.  If you dont have the pod....... bam another $85 for the AAA.   Charger has a USB end.    NOW you could change the end cap.   You could buy a second charger cable then have Joe (ole beach nut) send you an end cap with a ctx connector.   You could mod the other end with another CTX connector to make it water proof.   BUT.... im not sure about charging IN the water with the magnetic connector.   It would help with balance if put behind the cuff.

Not to up.....Northeast, i forgot you have to then charge that pod that has a ctx connector ..... duh.... another set up lol.   BUT....... if i someone smarter than me can tell me that the magnetic connection would be able to work while under water..... ill get mine together.

Todd....... Lith.... 12DCV..... because they have you plugging into about anything USB DCV.   In this case its more the charging time it takes even if it dont fully charge...... its added external charge.   There are IP67 USBs as well that could be put in an end cap...... then the battery pod could be charged by most USB charging systems.   If you dont need it water proof you wouldnt have to change the cable at all.   There still is the question........ will that magnetic connector allow charging while in the water?  If not....... then simple system would be an end cap with a USB.   It may NOT charge in the water.......... buddy just told me those 4 connection point cant read the battery with multi meter.   So its like the Aqua Sound...... has an internal one way switch that only works when charging so its not affected by the water unless we try to use it in the water.

HOwever .......... if this is just a counter weight which i plan on using one as..... get a junk pod and fill with the proper weight.

One more thing........... those magnets that attach it to the machine to charge.......... they would last just a couple of weeks once salt water gets to them........ if you have them in your scoop you know what im saying.

Folks if you are spending 12 straight hours in the water, might need to take a break for lunch (and you can recharge then) but don't go back in too soon so you don't get a cramp.  Lol.  Seriously, if you charge up your battery pack fully b4 your hunt, it should basically last you ALL DAY unless ML botched it.  Should not have to rig up an in water charging solution.  If you are not in the water you can also charge on the fly, but that should be a rare necessity.  This is based on my experience with the Deus where I have to worry about FOUR LiIon batteries (coil, control box, headphones, and pinpointer) and it has NEVER hindered an ALL DAY relic hunting session like a DIV for me.

I am considering modding a magnetic charging head to use as a terminal protector sealed with  dielectric grease to keep them protected from the saltwater and to prevent voltage bleed which may be possible but wont know for sure till I test with multimeter in the water.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toddbbq said:

I am considering modding a magnetic charging head to use as a terminal protector sealed with  dielectric grease to keep them protected from the saltwater and to prevent voltage bleed which may be possible but wont know for sure till I test with multimeter in the water.

That is actually a GOOD idea based on anecdotal stories of corrosion causing battery drain and damage on Deus coils where the charging terminals are exposed to salt water.  Some folks have used simple electrical tape solutions, but the magnetic protector would be cool (perhaps with a lanyard if it gets accidentally bumped in use or in the surf).