New 61 Khz Makro Gold Kruzer

Yes. Cool idea. You can adjust vibration by discrimination and also use vibration frequency.

The Gold Kruzer does not share all the features of the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer models and it is unclear at the moment whether the Gold Kruzer includes the vibrate function.

The Multi Kruzer vibration mechanism built into the handle would preclude easy mounting on other rods if the owner desired to do so. Personally I am fine with S rods but that may be an issue for some. As I noted it is unclear what the Gold Kruzer is doing in that regard.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 1:10 PM, auminesweeper said:

With the vibration mode switched on you would not need headphones under water,

J.

Yes, indeed. Also would help if the water has good clarity, so you can see the target ID. ID and Vibration would be all you need, but be interesting to see what underwater headphones Makro come up with. 

• Like 1

I have no issue with S-rods as long as the handle angle isn't way off. I nearly always change my hand grips as my hands are quite large, but if grips are too hard to remove I normally just wrap padded tennis racquet grip over the existing handle. I did that with my Gold Racer and felt just right for me. 

The Kruzer external battery slides into the armrest assembly, so this would be easy to adapt to other shafts. You'd just need to drill out and tap the right size hole as the armrest is held in by a screw. But the bracket that holds the control box on, that I'm not sure about. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping Micro allows a low gain, high sensitivity(threshold) operation.   Fingers crossed.

HH
Mike 

Well....HA

I stared at the Gold Kruzer Package too long. I went ahead and pre-ordered one. Someone is talking possible March shipping? 

What pushed me over the edge was the package deal being offered along with the higher 61 kHz. The higher frequency will hopefully require less gain to hit on the tiny stuff. Should also give a tighter ferrous / non-ferrous break point on that stuff. too. Hopeful anyway. I figure if it sucks at what I want it for I'll find out early enough I can get most of my money back on resale. 

I tried to jump for the Gold Racer but just couldn't make myself do it. Especially after I heard that even with the 56 kHz you still had to run the Gain up high to hit the tiny stuff. I am hoping the new Micro program allows me independent adjustments of the Gain and Threshold controls so that I can get low gain but high sensitivity settings. Another words, it will allow me to run it hot hot hot at very low gain settings. Fingers crossed. 

HH 
Mike

• Like 2

I think the Makro Kruzer and Multi Kruzer are going to be first out the door, with the Gold Kruzer lagging a bit. I heard the March thing also. Perhaps Dilek will chime in and clarify but for now that is my expectation.

Be interesting to hear how it works for you Mike.

makro-gold-kruzer-wireless-headphones-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 1

The apparent lack of sensitivity to the gold chain in 19 kHz shown in Shelton's review of the Multi Kruzer is disappointing.  However I may get the 14 kHz for general land and water use.  Never hurts to have 2 waterproof machines just in case.. Nox and Kruzer.

Tom