How Long Will Minelab Keep The Equinox Prices At This Level?

Redneck

I realize no one here knows the answer to this question,  yet its something to think about.  I follow the financial markets and today, the dollar just broke support at 90 on the charts, and is headed down.  Experts are saying the dollar could lose another 10-20% in value, this year, against other currencies.  That will cause the price of most imported goods to rise, including metal detectors from other countries.  It will also push up the price of silver and gold.  Now is a good time to buy/ find the precious metals, not a good time to sell.  Anyway, I just thought I would toss this thought out there , something to think about, and plan for.  HH.

the same price in USD ('the peg') would then translate into more aussie $. they don't need to do anything...

I believe there is a MAP price for dealers, nothing to say they can't ask for more, just not less (advertised).

take a hot new car for example. you think the dealer will take sticker for it if there's a line outside?

some pricks will try to price gouge on ebay once folks actually have them in hand, just wait, lol

10 minutes ago, canslawhero said:

the same price in USD ('the peg') would then translate into more aussie $. they don't need to do anything...

I believe there is a MAP price for dealers, nothing to say they can't ask for more, just not less (advertised).

take a hot new car for example. you think the dealer will take sticker for it if there's a line outside?

some pricks will try to price gouge on ebay once folks actually have them in hand, just wait, lol

I won't be putting my 800 on EBay, but it will be for sale sometime in February for the purely amazing and rock-bottom price of only $1999.99.  Plus tax and shipping, of course.   :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Haha 4

It may be that Minelab got their pricing right here, when you see what's coming up from other manufacturers. Macro is releasing 3 new detectors in February with the most expensive one being the multi kruse, priced at $799. 

23 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

It may be that Minelab got their pricing right here, when you see what's coming up from other manufacturers. Macro is releasing 3 new detectors in February with the most expensive one being the multi kruse, priced at $799. 

Actually it's $749.  And the single freq Kruzer is $649 same as the Eq 600.

Here in Australia

RRP is : 800 $1299 AUD  which = $1044 US (todays exchange rates)

600 $999 AUD which is $803 US

I think the price will stay where it is and eventually there will be extra incentives like extras in deals from retailer