New Makro Multi Kruzer Field Test

Dilek at Makro has given the go ahead to share field test information on the new Makro Kruzer series.  I was asked to field test the Makro Multi Kruzer.  I only received the detector last week, so I've been working hard to test the machine as much as possible at various sites (salt water beaches, relic sites, parks, etc).

Here's a quick video I did of some of the testing, hopefully this will answer some questions you may have:

HH,
Brian

• Like 4

My only real issue with the Nokta Impact was the ergonomics - the hand grip and armrest did not get along well with my hand and arm. Unlike some people I have no issue with S rods and so at a pound less than the Impact the Makro Multi Kruzer looks to be a significant improvement to me. Waterproof is just a bonus. Thanks for the report Brian!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My only real issue with the Nokta Impact was the ergonomics - the hand grip and armrest did not get along well with my hand and arm. Unlike some people I have no issue with S rods and so at a pound less than the Impact the Multi Kruser looks to be a significant improvement to me. Waterproof is just a bonus. Thanks for the report Brian!

Pretty much in the same boat.  The Impact is a great detector, one of the best I've used for the kind of detecting I enjoy, but your ergo sentiments echo mine as well. 

• Like 1

What gets me is how FAST Nokta/Makro is moving. In just a couple years they went from oddball FORS type units to the Racers, then Impact, and now Kruzer series. They have done more in three years than everyone else in the last ten years. The U.S. manufacturers in particular need to pick up the pace. If this is where Nok/Mak can get in a few years then think what the next couple years will bring. If Nokta and Makro had the marketing muscle of Garrett, for instance, they would be crushing it. Outside the forums however I am not convinced many people have heard of the company. That will change however as they are laying quite a foundation for future success.

makro-multi-kruzer-waterproof-three-frequency-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What gets me is how FAST Nokta/Makro is moving. In just a couple years they went from oddball FORS type units to the Racers, then Impact, and now Kruzer series. They have done more in three years than everyone else in the last ten years. The U.S. manufacturers in particular need to pick up the pace. If this is where Nok/Mak can get in a few years then think what the next couple years will bring. If Nokta and Makro had the marketing muscle of Garrett, for instance, they would be crushing it. Outside the forums however I am not convinced many people have heard of the company. That will change however as they are laying quite a foundation for future success.

makro-multi-kruzer-waterproof-three-frequency-metal-detector.jpg

I agree, they are one of the few (only?) detector companies that actually listen to what their users want and do it!

I expect that we will continue to see innovative, new detectors from them in the future as they work on covering their basis based on customer wants and needs versus what they think we need.   

I won't mention any names, but I am so tired and disappointed in one of my originally favorite detector companies as I see them continue to lag behind everyone else, continuously re-release/re-package/re-brand their ten+ year old detectors.   I guess their not obsolete, but man how many times can you re-packge the same old thing over and over and over, and simply slap on a new decal and call it "new".  They've starting to become the laughing stock on the industry.   The American auto industry tried that, and it didn't work out too well for them.

HH,
Brian

• Like 4

That 14 kHz version has my name written all over it for fresh water hunting. 

Just watched Shellton's video review and he mentions a couple things that piqued my interest.

1.  The audio is not the blendy bleedy  of the Racers 

2. he claims 3 tone is faster than the Deus.

One note to Makro, The adapter for using it with regular headphones needs to be much longer.  From looking at the picture it would be totally useless for wading. Perhaps a choice between  short and long cable versions would be appropriate depending on use.

Tom

12 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

That 14 kHz version has my name written all over it for fresh water hunting. 

Just watched Shellton's video review and he mentions a couple things that piqued my interest.

1.  The audio is not the blendy bleedy  of the Racers 

2. he claims 3 tone is faster than the Deus.

One note to Makro, The adapter for using it with regular headphones needs to be much longer.  From looking at the picture it would be totally useless for wading. Perhaps a choice between  short and long cable versions would be appropriate depending on use.

Tom

On the Multi Kruzer the audio has been enhanced from the Racers and Impact.  I didn't care for the 4-TONE mode on the Impact (Di4) as the audio had that harsh digital/artificial response, but on the Multi Kruzer I am loving the 4-TONE mode audio, it still has that bleedy/blendy audio and it's a bit akin to analog audio IMO. 

The 3-TONE mode has a fast reactivity setting with GAIN settings of 89 and lower (not 90 as Shelton stated).  These units already have fast recovery times, but the fast reactivity mode on 3-TONE is something to behold!

Note all comments are from testing a pre-release beta unit, features may be subject to change on the production units. 

On 1/27/2018 at 6:34 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

On the Multi Kruzer the audio has been enhanced from the Racers and Impact.  I didn't care for the 4-TONE mode on the Impact (Di4) as the audio had that harsh digital/artificial response, but on the Multi Kruzer I am loving the 4-TONE mode audio, it still has that bleedy/blendy audio and it's a bit akin to analog audio IMO. 

The 3-TONE mode has a fast reactivity setting with GAIN settings of 89 and lower (not 90 as Shelton stated).  These units already have fast recovery times, but the fast reactivity mode on 3-TONE is something to behold!

Note all comments are from testing a pre-release beta unit, features may be subject to change on the production units. 

I ran the Racer 2 strictly in DI2, but could not get past the effect the blendy bleedy tones had on my hearing after 15 or 20 minutes of use hunting around old homestead field sites due to the small iron and rusty nails.  TMI that confused rather than helped only slowing me down due to constant resweeping.  I will have to wait for more reports on the audio before I can make the Makro leap again.

Tom