Target ID For US Coins??

Hey Steve a while back you had mentioned that you were putting together a list of target ID numbers. I think you were missing a particular gold coin. You also mentioned that you did not want to put this info out there until the software was finalized which makes sense. Now that the software has been finalized for a bit and the detector should be in customers hands very soon are you allowed to share that info at this time? Seems like harmless info at this point.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mountain Man

That’s a great question and I’m sure Steve got the answer for us . That would have been the first thing I’d want to know when I receive my Equinox. Knowing will tell me what I’m digging before I dig .

I will be testing the I D on the Equinox on a lot of other items I want to dig and some I don’t .

Chuck

Steve

I personally want to Thank You for all the help us future Equinox owners has received from you . By you giving us a heads up on all we can expect from our Equinox puts us way ahead of others that don’t visit here.

I must admit I haven’t read a lot but plan on going back and do it when I have a Equinox in my hand. I find your info will stick with me better if at the same time I’m putting it into play. I guess that’s what you get for 39 and holding. ha

Thanks again Steve for being there for us when we be in need .

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Interesting how the Equinox retained 13 for a nickel which is the same conductive number on the CTX and E-Trac, but the copper and silver numbers are quite a bit lower.  Makes me wonder if there will be enough separation from the tab range.  

Bryan

4 minutes ago, Alexander Piskunov said:

Steve

Thank you for your efforts.

I would very much like to find out which VDI at a beer bottle cap?
What objects can have the same VDI?

You are welcome Alexander. I will add more information to this soon but it may be tomorrow - I have a busy day from here on out.

We are lucky in the U.S. in that not too much trash falls in the same target id numbers as the coins. If I just go after solid targets I can dig coins and very little trash. Most other countries are not so lucky in that regard.

Gold jewelry though is another story - just the opposite really. I dig trash aluminum all day long hoping for a gold item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Jackpine

I have some of the big pennies if you want the ID on them too and some Indian pennies also but no flying cents.

Chuck

By the ID numbers indicated I can see the majority of gold rings I've found will range from 9 to 13.  Of all the rings I've dug, only two have registered above a nickel, the rest have been below.