Target ID For US Coins??

Right on, on my beach in Humboldt I could run in either beach 1or 2 in the wet sand and get the sensitivity up one notch usually. The learning curve is steep because there are few targets other than nails from burnt pallets.

Tim

I buried Sterling ring, Indian Head Cent, Buff nickle , Merc, Silver Washington and Large cent at 5 inches. Mild mineralization.  Stock programs. Noise cancelled and ground balanced between each program. 

Indian Head 1872 :

P1=19

P2=15

F1=18

F2=20

B1=19

B2=20

as seen here the biggest difference was between Park 1 and Park 2. I can post the entire list if we think it helps.

• Like 1

TID of Equinox stock programs. Mild mineralization, Noise cancelled and ground balanced between each program. 

Park 1    Park 2    Field 1    Field 2    Beach 1 Beaach 2
Sterling Ring                     21    31    20    31    31    31            

Indian Head 1872            19    15    18    20    19    20

Buffalo Nickle                   13    12    13    12    13    13

Mercury Dime                    25    25    24    25    24    23

Silver Washington Quarter                      33    31    31

Large Cent                       28    30    28    29    28    28

I couldn't get a reading on the Washington quarter at first. It drove me nuts as to why i could hear a dime
but not a quarter. So I dug it up and there was a rusty bottle cap on top of it.  I will rescan the quarter asap as i left the coins still buried in the yard. Things didn't line up quite correctly here. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this ? it always helps to get a bit of a feel of the tids. One thing I'm really curious about is gold jewelry vs beaver tail and reg pulls tabs along with bottle caps. I'm curious the the tids are bouncy or semi stable. Anyone have any experience with gold stability