Don't Give Up!

NOXaholic

This is a response I gave on another forum , in response to the frustration that some are showing, even to the point of giving up on the NOX; 

I can understand the frustration, and as a long time Minelab loyalist, I feel your pain. I guess I'm just not there yet. I'm trying to look at it like this; Minelab is endeavoring to come out with a brand new technology, and at the same time, try to implement the suggestions of their field testers, to make it the best it can be. Surely, they've run into some things which have cost them unexpected time..... Yes, Detectival was most likely unveiling the technology a bit too early in the process, but can you imagine the buzz that they must be experiencing internally when they see just how much better this technology is!   Of course they were eager to show all of us just how big a change was coming. Perhaps a little too eager.... I for one will forgive the company which has brought me all of my best finds, THROUGH their previous technological advances. Who else could have brought us BBS, FBS, and now Multi-IQ? And how different would recent detecting history be without them.

• Like 4

At last a word of inspiration to help one make it the next three days.

? Hope to find one the first time out with my Equinox.

Chuck

• Like 1

Do you suffer from any of the following symptoms:

• Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Lack of Self Esteem
  • Paranoia
  • Bloating and Gas
  • Nausea
  • Chills
  • Night Terrors
  • A Broken Heart
  • Short Temper and Lashing Out even to friends and loved ones
  • Constantly Checking your Gmail account for new "Your Item Has Shipped" notifications

Then you might be suffering from "Equinox Deprivation Disorder" or EDD for short.  This illness has only one cure, time.  If you are having trouble coping with the uncertainty of this cure there is help.  While the following are not "cures" they may help lesson some of the symptoms:

• Watch the news.  Happenings around the world may help you put your illness into the proper perspective
  • Smash your smart phone and computer so you will not be tempted to check "status" information so often
  • Get some sunshine.
  • Grab your least capable metal detector and use only that for an entire day of metal detecting, extra points if you only use the speaker instead of headphones
  • Have a beer for breakfast
  • Try the Tide Pod challenge
  • Adopt a puppy with a bladder infection
  • Get a second flu shot
  • Find out your childrens' real names if you have them
  • Go to the Nokta forum and convince yourself you really wanted the Kruzer after all
  • Free yourself and get off your multiple pre-order lists for the Equinox and embrace the fact that you now have a life
  • And, yes, by all means "Don't Give Up" from your horrendous plight

Personally, I recommend the second to last bullet so that I can move up on my various preorder lists.

This message has been brought to you as a public service by the AT Max Fanboi Association and EDD defamation league

Stay tuned for our follow up public service message for those suffering from LAAPID - Lack of Accessory Availability and Price Information Disorder.

Carry on....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

i've had to see a shrink and take Valium 3 times a day. Every time I now try to touch my Deus I get an electrical shock. I guess it hates me now. I went out and watched my buddy do some detecting to try and stop the shakes. I've discovered how much I like the Blues music. My girlfriend said she'll come back when the Nox gets here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Most folks, in USA, can you even detect due to weather??

Let the process play out.

If it performs and performs well is the most important part.

Minelab is the actual manuafacturer, not ourselves (us).

Remember Minelab seems is not a company that releases new models every 12-24 months.

So they are trying to get "us" a great detector.

Some think all this time and what has been said is wasted maybe.

I don't think so.

I think Steve with what he has done and posted here, has indeed cut our learning curve with Equinox.  Brandon deserves honorable mention here too.  If other testers here have done videos and or posted videos, they deserve mention too.

This will be proved in time too, once detector is released.

48 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Most folks, in USA, can you even detect due to weather??

Let the process play out.

If it performs and performs well is the most important part.

Minelab is the actual manuafacturer, not ourselves (us).

Remember Minelab seems is not a company that releases new models every 12-24 months.

So they are trying to get "us" a great detector.

Some think all this time and what has been said is wasted maybe.

I don't think so.

I think Steve with what he has done and posted here, has indeed cut our learning curve with Equinox.  Brandon deserves honorable mention here too.  If other testers here have done videos and or posted videos, they deserve mention too.

This will be proved in time too, once detector is released.

I am starting to get worried that you and 'NOXaholic' actually think people are really that upset with Minelab.  If so, I wholeheartedly refer those folks my second to last "remedy" bullet, (i.e., move on).  Personally, the fewer Equinox owners out there I have to contend with the better.  I know Gerry and the rest of the dealers do not agree with this sentiment, but then again, I am just a selfish, grumpy dotard.  LOL.

(In all honesty, I do not believe the Dealers nor Minelab have a thing to worry about, Cha Ching!)

• Like 1