Don't Give Up!

NOXaholic

Guest Tnsharpshooter
9 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I am starting to get worried that you and 'NOXaholic' actually think people are really that upset with Minelab.  If so, I wholeheartedly refer those folks my second to last "remedy" bullet, (i.e., move on).  Personally, the fewer Equinox owners out there I have to contend with the better.  I know Gerry and the rest of the dealers do not agree with this sentiment, but then again, I am just a selfish, grumpy dotard.  LOL.

(In all honesty, I do not believe the Dealers nor Minelab have a thing to worry about, Cha Ching!)

Now, how could a person deduce from my post above that I am upset?

I actually gave reasons for patience and due diligence as far as Equinox goes.

18 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Now, how could a person deduce from my post above that I am upset?

I actually gave reasons for patience and due diligence as far as Equinox goes.

Take a breath and then please carefully read my post again.  I didn't say YOU were upset, I said I thought you believed OTHERS were really upset, which was the point of your original post, right?

There is A LOT of sarcasm being thrown around here, most of the people here are joking.  Yours and Nox's first post seemed really serious. Just trying to inject some humor in all the perceived and real tension.

In other words, I am finding humor in the fact that you and 'Nox are very concerned that people are getting upset with Minelab for having to wait for their Equinox detectors.  To me the notion is kind of absurd, especially if you think about it from a selfish, individualist, metal detectorist point of view.  As a detectorist that wants the goodies, why encourage people to get the most game changing VLF detector introduced in the last five years unless you are a dealer.  (Of course we really want others to succeed in our hobby, but I am being tongue in cheek again, because deep down most of us have that selfish thought, but don't like to admit it to ourselves).

Now that you made me explain it, its not funny anymore.  :dry:

Emoticons and text speak like "lol", are mean we're not serious.  Asking everyone to lighten up and relax about this whole Equinox wait thing.  I apologize that the subtleties of sarcasm get lost on forum posts without visual, body language cues.  Hence these dumb smiley faces, lol's, and /s's.

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I do think some are getting anxious and even upset.

.They shouldn't.

And dealers shouldn't be taking actual loot either on preorders until detector is released, at least somewhere in the world.

This may be what has some folks aggravated.

24 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

I do think some are getting anxious and even upset.

.They shouldn't.

And dealers shouldn't be taking actual loot either on preordereds unitl detector is released. 

This may be what has some folks aggravated.

I know, but it's a business.  That's why I encourage folks to shop around in these cases and find the arrangement they are most comfortable with (prepaid or not).  Dealers have to protect themselves (I know, a whole other thread).  It comes down to trust and there are certainly plenty of impatient and unethical buyers around that force dealers to do what they do.  You may not realize or remember this because you were fortunate enough to be a product tester for the Impact, but the Impact roll out was basically exactly the same as this just a lot fewer were folks were complaining because there were fewer folks who preordered.  But those folks were just as vociferous (I was one of them and DID cancel my prepaid preorder - vowed never to do that again (I haven't) and ended up not getting the Impact).

I frankly couldn't care less for the whining some folks are doing about this detector roll out.  There are far more serious hardships in life, and that was what I was trying to poke fun at.  Not talking about all of us that are just making snide comments and voicing minor frustration about being in the same boat.  But those who are generally getting upset and disturbed about this really need to re-think their life priorities, seriously.  I have NO serious issues with how Minelab or the dealers are handling this rollout compared to the several I have experienced in the last few years.  (Well except for the whole Equinox accessories thing - lol).

• Like 1

Whats really getting up my nose is that no prices have being released for the spare coils. It would be nice to know if I will be buying a nox or not at this stage. I would have ordered months ago if the coil prices were released. According to Minelab the nox is due out next week and still no prices??????

• Like 1

The thread was probably aimed a little more at the anger on display on other forums than what is seen here. The OP even states it is a copy of a response posted elsewhere.

Most of the anger is not real but created by trolls who are trying to stir the pot and make other people angry. The more normal frustration comes from people actually caring. There are other recent “new” detector releases right this moment that are also undergoing delays, but sadly for those manufacturers nobody seems very upset about it.

The lack of accessory prices at this point? I agree, this is quite annoying and something I would hope Minelab addresses ASAP.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Ringmoney said:

Whats really getting up my nose is that no prices have being released for the spare coils. It would be nice to know if I will be buying a nox or not at this stage. I would have ordered months ago if the coil prices were released. According to Minelab the nox is due out next week and still no prices??????

Yep.  It doesn't make sense.  I don't know why Minelab is willing to miss out on this golden opportunity from a business standpoint (not smart).  But i am also not losing sleep over it nor has it influenced my decision on purchasing the Equinox.  I know they are going to release the coils some day, I know the approximate range of prices they will likely charge for them based on past practice, so really it is not a factor in "to nox or not to nox", for me.  I don't think I have ever made a decision on whether or not to buy a detector based on the availability/price of an accessory coil unless the stock coil was just pure junk.  No denying though the lack of such information is frustrating and makes you have bad thoughts like Minelab IS actually making a marketing decision based on Equinox committed sales to determine whether to gouge on accessories, especially on things like the Waterproof cans which are necessary to do what Minelab marketing SAYS you can do in the water with this detector.  Multiple coil/detector discount packages would also be a nice offering.

52 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The thread was probably aimed a little more at the anger on display on other forums than what is seen here. The OP even states it is a copy of a response posted elsewhere.

Most of the anger is not real but created by trolls who are trying to stir the pot and make other people angry. The more normal frustration comes from people actually caring. There are other recent “new” detector releases right this moment that are also undergoing delays, but sadly for those manufacturers nobody seems very upset about it.

The lack of accessory prices at this point? I agree, this is quite annoying and something I would hope Minelab addresses ASAP.

Yes the lack of accessory pricing is fustrating cause my trade in for my pre-order is directly affected by this as it has a higher value then the nox.   I tend to think alot of the anger is fake from trolls and haters who can't or won't buy the detector at all. It was actually those trolls that lead me off of other forums and how I ended up here. So oddly they did me a favor lol.

• Like 2

When I put my money down on the Equinox I was looking forward on having it.  I didn’t think it would be this long . I did know it would be like a detector I’d never had before and that’s why I was willing to get in line. I don’t ever remember being mad about the wait but I do remember blowing the bull a mile high. 

Would I do it all over again if I knew it would be this long . Oh yes and as I look around I’ve yet to see it but Minelab has three more days.haha

I have other detectors I could have used but I was saving those spots for my Equinox to give it a real test. That small coil I been wanting so bad is no big deal if I don’t see it anytime soon.

Be it another day month or whatever I’ll be right here waiting.

Thanks Minelab for making a great product.

Chuck

• Like 2

My lovely wife would say you can look at it another way and say the Equinox is closer to being delivered than it was a month ago. God Bless her. She has so much patience! Lol!

• Like 3