Is It A Ship Deck Spike?

My oldest son is on vacation in the Dominican Republic and brought his whites sst with him to do a little treasure hunting while there. He is down one pair of ray bans to the ocean currents but did find this interesting spike that looks pretty old, now he just needs the treasure that went with the ship!

IMG_1435.PNG

• Like 1

A ships spike? In the Dominican? Could it connected to the money pit?:biggrin:

Sorry I just couldn't help myself as i remembered the episode on oak Island where Gary Drayton found the spike in the swamp.

That must have rang off the charts given it's size. I would say that it is of more recent vintage given how sharp the lines are on it's edges. I hope he brings in some great stuff gold in color. Too bad you're not there to help him!

Skate

• Haha 2

1 pair of ray bans have been lost, the curse of the Dominican beach resort... yep, he's n the trail of treasure, just needs to dig one more hole the spike being of Templar orrigan for certain, sending it to the brothers on the island for further research and scientific testing will reveal more clues to the mystery, tune in next episode the secret will be revealeddddddzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzz. Ops, sorry I actually kind of hate to admit I kinda like the show, just the past few episodes (ok, most) are difficult to stay awake for until the end they need to quit selling ad space for the network and step it up a little in the treasure/typical cr@p revealing department. 

The edges are pretty sharp I didn't notice that, the color throws me a little I wonder what it's purpose was? Could be something industrial made for a marine environment I guess, lot of wired stuff out there to find. Yea, sure would be nice sipping a margarita or two and sifting a few scoops of sand with the old beeper and the young beeper, hope he finds a nice piece of gold to remember his adventure he was telling me there are areas near the resort that detectable gold has been found in the past.

• Like 1

It’s great your son is interested in detecting. My son is 20 and he just doesn’t quite see yet the thrill of detecting that his dad does. 

I used to love watching Oak Island as I’m still that little kid who wishes I could find buried treasure but we switched to PlayStation Vue and they don’t carry History channel so I’ve yet to see an episode this season. If I was Marty and his brother I’d just close the island down and spend every day Detecting. 

I bet when Gary Dayton gets the Equinox out there he will solve the mystery. ?

Been offshore salvors working on at least one wreck near Samana I hear...not sure how long ago it has been, however, not to say

all the remnants of ship have been found.  Not likely...

• Like 1

That's probably where they are staying I'd guess, seems like it would be a fun place to hunt. He didn't say how much time he's had hunting or if he'd found much of anything else, but I'm guessing he will hunt that spot a little more if for no other reason than that spot might collect the heavy metal stuff he really wants. Anything, anything, anything modern or old, don't matter don't matter jut please make it silver or gold. Hmmmm, my wife has been talking about vacation someplace and I've been talking about detecting... this could work.

Largo and rat, he was in the same general area as the salvage operation of the 1500s wreck unfortunately and probably contributing to the ships accident the coast is very rough and weather stormy almost the entire time he was there, so not much opportunity to hunt plus his digging tool was better suited for a kitty litter box than treasure hunting so he was limited on how much sand he could sift and how far into the water he could go. The attached screen shot of a plastic tub filled with water and artifacts from a video produced by the salvage company shows a few deck spikes that on casual inspection appear very similar to his.

IMG_1454.PNG

• Like 1

There are larger and longer one some of them could be used as weapon i guess but of course they were easier to find to a lot of them must have end up in treasure hunter purse back in the days.......some of them must be around 7"/......

RR

• Like 1