Sdc 2300 Knuckle Protector

alaska

I said BEFORE I would take one...make a few extras you might sell them all!

I would buy one for sure......

• Like 1

Ok guys I just ordered some sheet plastic.   I'll post when I have some done.

Wes those batteries must last a looong time. I got to running the smaller 18650s, and the run time is incredible.

Nice job on the adapters.

1 hour ago, WesD said:

Ok guys I just ordered some sheet plastic.   I'll post when I have some done.

Wes those batteries must last a looong time. I got to running the smaller 18650s, and the run time is incredible.

Nice job on the adapters.

They do last a while, a lot longer than I will.  Plus they have snug fit which limits them moving and causing that quick intermittent disconnect some complained about with the C-cells.

I guess I should elaborate.....

I've been making this coil cover/ knuckle protector for myself, going on a year now.  This is the third one.  The first one needed to be revised.  The second one wore out after dozens of trips out to the exposed schist bedrock places I detect.  The one pictured still has quite a bit of life left in it.

I made the cover so a nylon zip-tie could be fastened around the knuckle but it's not necessary since the cover fits well and snaps on the coil.  After I'm done detecting for the day I just carefully bend back the knuckle protector and out falls any debris that accumulated.  The cover is also fairly easy to remove for additional cleaning.

I was suggesting that if there was an interest I would be willing to make a few more.

Luke

• Like 2

Get 'er done!  Looks great!

Any idea about price per each?  No rush, just curious...

I'm about 2 minutes from my plastic sheet goods warehouse...but I don't have the savvy to

make the things...yet.  AND,  honestly, I have too many irons in the fire to do any right now...

~LARGO~

• Thanks 1