Endings And New Beginnings

Too bad Minelab didn't do a better job of this roll out as it must have been and still is a PITA for you in many ways. You must have the patience of a saint. Thanks for all the info that were able to provide to us and I look forward to all that you do share after it's released.   

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, NOXaholic said:

This is the place one could always come for real answers, and never felt put down by the " experts"

I think this is a great statement.  I feel the same way and have never been afraid to ask a question for fear of being made to look a fool - by Steve or any contributor. 

You have every reason to feel a 'warm glow' for the praise you are receiving Steve   :smile:

• Thanks 2

Geez I'm away for 8 hours at school (our school server blocks this site smh) and I read Steve is taking a step back! I completely get it and I've got to say you are one of the most patient and smart detecting/detector expert I've had the pleasure to come across. You're always polite, quick to provide help or where to go get it and on top of that you're the king of the Equinox!

It's on us to make sure this place doesn't become the trash heap that so many other MD forums are or becoming. It's so easy with forums for people to misconstrue what you say or is said because unlike normal conversation people can't hear you speak as you type so sometimes meaning gets misplaced. 

Steve you've really got a great thing going here and I really appreciate being able to come here everyday and learn something new. Thanks again for all you do.

Skate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been reading this site for a while now but this is my first post.  I really appreciate all the information that's been shared and I feel I have a great head start on using my Equinox when it finally arrives.  Thanks Steve for running an excellent site and passing along your knowledge and experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again, thanks everyone. I did not expect quite that reaction to my post. Part of it is very much just what it says, but there is a subtle second message for those who can read between the lines.

That includes the GPZ Fred. Of course the Equinox is not a GPZ by a long shot. If I was nothing but a gold prospector it would be the GPZ that would win the crown. I do like to coin and jewelry hunt however, and I expect to be doing that more and prospecting less as time goes on. So for me overall if I had to have just one detector Equinox is a better fit. Everyone has their own equation to solve in that regard.

Anyway, enough of that and back to our regularly scheduled programming. I still have more stuff I am sitting on to post about over the next couple weeks as the Equinox finds its way around the planet to everyone. The floodgates are ready to open in more ways than one and I am not ready to fade into the background quite yet!

• Like 6

Thanks for sharing with us Steve

I hope Minelab appreciates the great work you are doing and have done.

You are a great ambassador for metal detecting.

• Thanks 1

Mad respect for you Steve.  'Nuff said.  Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Again, thanks everyone. I did not expect quite that reaction to my post. Part of it is very much just what it says, but there is a subtle second message for those who can read between the lines.

That includes the GPZ Fred. Of course the Equinox is not a GPZ by a long shot. If I was nothing but a gold prospector it would be the GPZ that would win the crown. I do like to coin and jewelry hunt however, and I expect to be doing that more and prospecting less as time goes on. So for me overall if I had to have just one detector Equinox is a better fit. Everyone has their own equation to solve in that regard.

Anyway, enough of that and back to our regularly scheduled programming. I still have more stuff I am sitting on to post about over the next couple weeks as the Equinox finds its way around the planet to everyone. The floodgates are ready to open in more ways than one and I am not ready to fade into the background quite yet!

OK Steve....I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I was thinking the same thing when you started this post.  Since you said "there is a subtle second message for those who can read between the lines", this is what came to mind.  Through the history of all the Equinox threads, you often use words similar to "soon", "with in the next few weeks" or "in the near future".  You are clearly do not give a definitive date about the next announcement, but usually within 48 hours, I see new information on the Minelab site.  My guess is a major announcement from Minelab is coming "very very soon":wink::wink:.

Yes....I am reaching way over the fence on this one, but God bless this is fun isn't it !!!!

• Like 3

Thanks for hosting the premiere Equinox forum.  This is certainly the place where those of us seeking solid information presented in a professional manner turn.  This forum stands head and shoulders above the rest.  Thanks so much for sharing your valued time and knowledge with us, Steve.

• Thanks 1

Steve, I just want to say thank you for your insight.  I can't wait to hear more from you as everybody starts interacting with their new Equinox.  My hope is that this forum becomes the treasure trove of information and education that will guide us into learning this new technology.  I have only great respect for the selflessness that you have given to keep us going this far.  You have inspired a great forum that should be the benchmark for all forums to discuss intelligently the nuances of this new subject matter.  I hope many will find this forum and join in on all the fun that is to come.  Your posts will always get my first look.  Great job so far and as always Happy Hunting. 

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1