Wow Minelab!! Simply Amazing!!!

Jeff in Pa

Welcome Rick, I agree, this is the best forum on the web. 

Just finished my first of many passes through the Equinox Instruction Manual... Hats Off Minelab! 

I am also happy that the Equinox has seemed to put an end to the age old argument of Auto vs. Manual Sensitivity ;). 

Anxiously awaiting the next communication from my dealer, telling me when my E800 will ship.

Tim.

• Thanks 1

Very, very good manual; I haven't finished it yet, but it's one of the best I've seen, for a detector.  KUDOS, Minelab.

Steve

• Like 4

Still need an Andy book to kind of bring it all together...... the when to and not to stuff.  

Clock.... Jeff,  ive got that on the CTX....... i know people think im blind when i put it up to my face to read it lol.    Good ole fashion waterproof Casio.... hard to beat.

Dont know if that question is a done deal for me on manual vs auto GB.  Ill have to figure out how manual may give me some advantages on the wet sand an in the salt water.

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Still need an Andy book to kind of bring it all together...... the when to and not to stuff.  

I consider Steve's posts throughout this forum the equivalent of an Andy book.  Honestly, I have never felt more prepared in learning and preparing for a new machine... and have owned the Explorer, Etrac and CTX with Andy books for each.  The wealth of information shared in this forum is staggering.  It's an online boot camp.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Personally I think Minelab did an excellent job going beyond the bare bone basics of many manuals out there. Personally, I like big bold color graphics and this manual is full of them. There is also some basic information for beginners. One of the better efforts out there for sure in my opinion.

• Like 3

On 3 February 2018 at 6:51 AM, Jeff in Pa said:

There is one thing I noticed it's missing and there will be people jump all over this one.

Where's the clock?

LOL

A Clock !!!!!!! My detecting clock is the sun . If it's dark go home so maybe  " where's the headlights ????  .Looks like another icon machine like the GPX 5000

• Like 1

I was very pleasantly surprised at the Eq manual. Its well beyond what I have come to expect in a ML manual. I think they may be listening to their customers.

And I absolutely agree with Tiftaat in that the information at this site is better than any book that will hit the market.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2018 at 11:51 AM, Jeff in Pa said:

There is one thing I noticed it's missing and there will be people jump all over this one.

Where's the clock?

LOL

The clock is an aftermarket accessory like the USB wall charger. I do not wear a watch so every detector gets one of its own.

minelab-equinox-clock.jpg

• Like 3