Wall Charger?

bado1

Steve,

Someone mentioned that the EQ does not come with a wall charger but can be purchased separately. I'm assuming that a basic USB Iphone wall charger will work? 

Dean

bado 1

I have another detector and I’ve never had trouble with it . I’d worry about something more important like learning our Equinox.

Chuck

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

bado 1

I have another detector and I’ve never had trouble with it . I’d worry about something more important like learning our Equinox.

Chuck

???. I'm not sure exactly what you mean, Chuck. I have other detectors, too, that I've never had trouble with. 

Dean

Charger Gate!  The lack of supplied charger has for some reason became a big deal on other forums. I thought everyone had a pile of these things lying around..  I didn’t think anything of it and am surprised at the discontent..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Charger Gate!  The lack of supplied charger has for some reason became a big deal on other forums. I thought everyone had a pile of these things lying around..  I didn’t think anything of it and am surprised at the discontent..

I'd bet even grade schoolers have a pile of those laying around. I think some people spend their lives looking for something to complain about.

• Like 5

bado 1

What I'm saying I have other detectors that has a battery in it that you have to charge the same way as the Equinox.  I've yet to have trouble with them. That's all !

Chuck

Guest Tnsharpshooter

My 2 cents.

If such a charger would have been provided with Equinox as part of either or 600 or 800 model packages, due to different worldy power receptacle requirements, many adapters would had to have been supplied.  Hence package weight increases, so shipping cost increase as well as the cost increase for these provided adapters.

Like Minelab CTX, I actually paid for all those adapters supplied with it although many I will never use.  But to be fair here CTX does have a specific charger requirement for battery.

So we as buyers of Equinox can get our own  charging device.

This issue definitely not on my top 10 list for dislikes of Equinox right now. Lol

1 hour ago, Champ Ferguson said:

I'd bet even grade schoolers have a pile of those laying around. I think some people spend their lives looking for something to complain about.

Yep. That was my thought as well.

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

bado 1

What I'm saying I have other detectors that has a battery in it that you have to charge the same way as the Equinox.  I've yet to have trouble with them. That's all !

Chuck

O.k., cool! Thanks for clarifying, Chuck!

• Like 1