Equinox Screen Glare?

D&P-OR

Steve------Does the Equinox have a glare on the screen (in sunlight) like Explorers, Etrac & even the CTX?---Is it easier to view the Equinox screen in these conditions?----That's been a problem "forever" that Minelab hasn't addressed with these detectors (IMO).---The Xterras didn't seem to have this "problem".----------Del

Basically it is a flat plastic screen. The glare will be related more to the screen protector in use than the actual screen. Regardless, as a flat surface it is usually glare free, until you turn it exactly right into the sun and now you get a flash of glare. Just another detector in that regard, no better or worse I guess since it’s something I don’t notice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Basically it is a flat plastic screen. The glare will be related more to the screen protector in use than the actual screen. Regardless, as a flat surface it is usually glare free, until you turn it exactly right into the sun and now you get a flash of glare. Just another detector in that regard, no better or worse I guess since it’s something I don’t notice.

Yes, I get that flash/glare at times even with my F-19.-----I probably didn't phrase my question right.-----How is the readability of the Equinox in bright (and certain angles of sunlight)?----Does the #'s etc. become quite dark and hard(r) to read or is there no appreciable change in that regard (I'm talking without a screen protector on).-----I know my Etrac screen graphics gets so dark in certain light that I can hardly see them & am hunting by tone only (which in a way is a good thing)! :)-----My CTX--not so much (darkened screen).

Big bold high contrast screen Del - designed for old eyes! And with a solid backlight to help where needed. One of my favorite things on Equinox is the big, bold screen. The image below is with screen protector applied. Click for larger version...

minelab-equinox-800-backlight-settings-compared.jpg

This shot shows about as much glare as one might expect (no screen protector applied)...

E57CDC7B-F649-446C-8062-EC96BCBD7271.jpeg

• Like 3

I hear you on those sun glasses......... being at the beach as much as i am you just need eye protection...... ive adapted to look under them lol.   That screen looks great to me turned off.    Love those back lights.   Used to have a flashlight if i got out there before day light.......now you just have to turn it on to check the target.

Even as old as I am I usually don't have trouble seeing the screen on my ETrac. I guess I accept it the way it is and in bright sunlight I just turn away to see. 

I go by tone so it rarely makes any difference what the vdi says. If I am changing modes or settings I just get out the sun or turn away anyway