It Better Be Good

Norm S

My advice to guys and gals like us to get other hobbies that pay for themselves. I have used welding, woodturning, and  chainsaw slabbing to pay for detectors. I paid for the EQ with money made from ginseng. Don't get me wrong my wife still wants to comment but theres not much she can say when I hand her a stack of $. She almost passed out when I handed her $2800 and told her I ordered a new fishing kayak. Too funny.  

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Mountain Mike said:

My advice to guys and gals like us to get other hobbies that pay for themselves. I have used welding, woodturning, and  chainsaw slabbing to pay for detectors. I paid for the EQ with money made from ginseng. Don't get me wrong my wife still wants to comment but theres not much she can say when I hand her a stack of $. She almost passed out when I handed her $2800 and told her I ordered a new fishing kayak. Too funny.  

Great advice.  I do kind of the same thing... I flip things within my hobbies and keep those funds completely separate from the family budget...  If I want a new toy, it comes out of my hobby funds and doesn’t affect the family budget.. That way you don’t get an upset spouse...  Makes it less stressful for myself too.. I don’t feel guilty buying new toys.

Bryan

• Like 5

We used to order our new surfboards in the same colors so our wives didn’t know we just got another one.

Honestly though, I don’t think I actually ever fooled my wife cause she could still count.:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My wife of 34 years approves my detecting even though she doesnt like doing it herself.

I happily hand over half of what I find to her and she buys whatever she likes with her half of the loot.

My half goes towards a new detector or adding to my coin collection.

I recently sold off some gold finds that brought a tidy sum and handed her a big wad of cash notes....she couldnt be happier :biggrin:

• Like 4

Y'all be careful with that "hobby income".  My hobby turned into a full-time job and now it's just plain old "income".  :blink:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MontAmmie said:

Y'all be careful with that "hobby income".  My hobby turned into a full-time job and now it's just plain old "income".  :blink:

That’s even better!  Now you HAVE to buy a toy.  You have to be familiar with what your selling and have stock. 

• Like 2

My Equinox has my wife's name on it.  It is light and is better than the SE Pro it replaces for her?  Well, we hope it does but she is going to let me use it when she is not with me!

If I find lots of new goodies with it she'll make me stay at home and she will go on her own.  

Mitchel

• Like 4
  • Haha 1