What Is Your Reasoning For A New Equinox?

I am adding the Equinox to be my all in one detector for turf, water, woods and prospecting.  Fast, Lightweight, Waterproof, Tech advanced, price point... superior performance (expected but TBD).  Tim.

• Like 1

I am swinging something that came out some number of years ago and it is light enough that when my son wants to come he can use it!

• Like 1

Yep, Rock & Roll, then Country band & now been in a Bluegrass band 12yrs. I have been detecting bout as long as the music, 45 yrs. The family & grand kids are first though. P.S I met my wife playing music. She was singing with her Uncle in a country band. It's been a blessed life.

• Like 1

My Sovereign GT is getting tired, (maybe it's me?) so I decided it was time to update and join the digital age

Was considering an Xterra 705 back in Sept when I got wind of the Equinox , supposedly coming out soon.  

Soon has been a little longer than anticipated, but hopefully its only a few weeks away now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woteva said:

My Sovereign GT is getting tired, (maybe it's me?) so I decided it was time to update and join the digital age

Was considering an Xterra 705 back in Sept when I got wind of the Equinox , supposedly coming out soon.  

Soon has been a little longer than anticipated, but hopefully its only a few weeks away now.

Heck yeah man, what a way to break in.  If you have been swinging a GT for as long as it has been out, what is a couple more months??!?!?  Good luck and HH!!

• Like 2

Because I can. Or at least that's what I tell myself when my wife isn't in the room. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

To see if it can dissect my iron sites and put more relics/coins in the pouch.

Fresh water sensitivity to gold chains and better TID depth on old losses beyond the depth capability of what I have been using.  My local swimming holes date back over a hundred years and while I have made finds from those early periods I know there is more out there to be found. 

Having  the opportunity and challenge  of learning what this new tech has to offer and how to get the best out of it.  Sounds like it may be a great ride.

• Like 1

As a water hunter you saw we are a small group swinging detectors.   From what i saw ..... and know about detectors this seems to be the best water machine thats came out in a very long time.   It also seems to be a very versatile machine.   Im looking for one thing..... gold, if it does it better than the Xcal or CTX...... then plan and simple its what i want.   It may or may not pan out in other areas....... but it looks like its been tweaked pretty good for GOLD..... raw and jewelry.    It can be a pretty good learning tool for young ones interested in the hobby too since it has blue tooth.  The price just makes it hard to pass up.  Wives ....... chuckle chuckle.

• Like 2