What Is Your Reasoning For A New Equinox?

After using many detectors I've found the minelab  E-trac and CTX3030 to be the best for me with the kind of detecting that I do. I'm getting the Equinox hoping to help with the highly mineralized soil here in central Alabama.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Well I just spent 1500.00 on a Deus WS5 and another 400.00 on a high frequency coil in June . So why not piss away another 800.00. I mean you can't take it with you anyway. And it gives my wife more to Bi*ch at me about.

I ain't never seen a U-Haul behind a hearse.

• Haha 2

It looked like it was made for me and I wanted for the first time to have a new detector from the earliest release, so I could be among the first group of users, and to learn it along with others, sharing experiences on this forum. 

• Like 1

Strick,  She'll thank you too.  Let me know when you are ready. My 1st shipment was sent to me today.  They are already spoken for.

Now I know when you do get an EQ-800, you'll also have to get that lovely lady something special too.

• Like 2

My wife supports any purchasing decisions I make, whether it's a new motorcycle, or a new detector.  We both work hard, we live and enjoy life. The funny thing is, she would say: "you should get that geiger".  Shes calls metal detecting "geigering" and usually laughs when she says it.:laugh:

The reason I like the 800 is because of it's all around capabilities.  The ultimate detector to me is one that can do it all. Do it all well, and break down into a size that's easily carried in a backpack.  I want a detector I can take on a Sunday ride and not have to worry where I end up, or the conditions I might face.  Freedom is what I'm looking for in a "geiger", and that's what the Equinox 800 offers.

• Like 3