I`ve never seen Roger Waters but I saw Pink Floyd at the Sydney Entertainment Centre many years ago.  Best concert I ever went to. :ohmy:    I haven`t been getting out much either because of the heat.  :sad:  Congratulations on the gold mate.  :smile:

• Thanks 1

nice finds JW

• Thanks 1

Is that the Shotover? Clutha? Makarora??

I've been wanting to get back to the South Island for many years.  Thanks for sharing the beautiful view kiwijw!

Roger Waters is a legend.

• Thanks 1

Hi JW,

Great pictures and great concert.

Was lucky enough to get some VIP tickets couple years ago in Split/Croatia.

Seems he loves the country:

https://www.croatiaweek.com/pink-floyd-legend-roger-waters-to-play-croatia-show/

Great detecting.Amazing you can hear that little nuggets so deep.I was always amazed how Phoenix ( my detecting mate) can hear them.

Well done.

Anyway i miss to go detecting in Australia ( as i have been traveling around Europe for last 9 months.)

Ordered Minelab Equinox 800 so cant wait to have little trip here with it. Its different type of detecting finds here but is equally satisfying.(been using mate Garett AT PRO.)

Hope heat is not deterring you much and wish gold god be kind to you all.

Stay safe and dig everything.

GoldEN

• Like 1

Nice and great pics!!!!  I looked into moving to NZ awhile back.....unfortunately for retired folk they wanted 1.1 million in cash (if I remember right?) to cover your/their butt so you don't leach off the government (smart over there unlike the U.S.)......

keep the gold and pics coming!!!!!

13 hours ago, phoenix said:

I`ve never seen Roger Waters but I saw Pink Floyd at the Sydney Entertainment Centre many years ago.  Best concert I ever went to. :ohmy:    I haven`t been getting out much either because of the heat.  :sad:  Congratulations on the gold mate.  :smile:

Thanks Dave, It has been hot here mate but I can barely imagine how much hotter it is over your side of the ditch. I don't know how you guys do it. I just can't function in the heat so now give it a miss. I just don't enjoy it & know I get lazy & so pay the price of missing gold by being a lot more choosey on the signals I dig, & that is not like me as I usually dig everything. Probably why I give it a miss as I know I will end up going back to dig up those signals I passed on in the heat.

I would have to rate the Roger Waters concerts that I have been to, That is 3 of them, as the best I have ever been to. Also saw David Gilmour at the end of 1987 & that was brilliant as well. Shame the two of them fell out with each other. That is not including the many times I have been to a show called The Pink Floyd Experience that comes around every couple of years or so. Done by a group of guys & ladies who are obviously Pink Floyd junkies & are actually endorsed by Roger Waters & David Gilmour. They are a vantastic 2nd best to the real thing.  Such timeless music & so original. It will never age. There is of course the stage props & lighting spectacles. Outstanding.  I have been to a few concerts in my lifetime. David Bowie is up there too, another legend. Saw him twice & Fleetwood Mac. Even my youngest son loves Pink Floyd music. He is buying up any original 2nd hand LP's he can get his hands on to. Oppsss....sorry. Got a bit carried away.

Thanks beatup :smile:

MarXthespot: Pretty close mate but none of those. It is the Matukituki River that flows out from the Mount Aspiring National Park into Lake Wanaka. Makarora is way up the top end of Lake Wanaka, & the Clutha River starts it journey to the coast draining Lake Wanaka. The Shotover was your furthest one out but good effort. :smile: Where are you based? Yes....Roger Waters is a legend. Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:  

• Like 1

The depths are amazing on small gold.  I think many who used to use the GPX are not running their 7000's right.  They are used to a smooth quite detector like the GPX and I don't think that is right.  Now if you are a beginner, then maybe so.  I prefer to run my 7000 so it is noisy like the old GP days.  Great story, photos and finds.

4 hours ago, kiwijw said:

MarXthespot: Pretty close mate but none of those. It is the Matukituki River that flows out from the Mount Aspiring National Park into Lake Wanaka. Makarora is way up the top end of Lake Wanaka, & the Clutha River starts it journey to the coast draining Lake Wanaka. The Shotover was your furthest one out but good effort. :smile: Where are you based?

I'm from the USA in Michigan.

Matukituki huh?  I love the echoing resonance of Maori words like that.

When I visited, part of the adventure was a jet boat ride up the Makarora and Wilkin.  It was exhilarating to say the least, so I envy you for having one, but more so simply for where you are. All of NZ is a natural wonder, but the part you are from is truly a slice of heaven.  Combine that with excellent prospecting prospects...  How could it be any better than this???

JW,

Ah ... Pink Floyd ... saw them live at least 3 times in the 70s in Florida.  Your story is well done as usual.  It did look like more gold on the coil but you gotta like you are getting it.

My sister-in-law is here from NZ.  She lives about an hour south of Auckland.  She raises veggies for the markets there.

Mitchel