Nice country ,so very different from the country I detect. I noticed the GM 1000 is nowhere to be seen so I’m guessing you’ve gone back to  the tried and trusted GB2. I have noticed a lot of users prefer the more conventional fully adjustable units rather than the hybrid automatic and less user controllable monster .

Hi there GoldEN, Very nice to hear from you Eno & thank you for such a nice reply & comments. Thanks too for that Roger Waters link. Pretty awesome. Good you got to see him. My youngest son who, lives in Brisbane, went & saw Roger Waters in Brisbane the other night. Like father like son :smile:.  Take care & good luck with your detecting over in Europe.

Hi there oneguy,  Thanks for your kind words. Gosh.....you don't need many US dollars to have over one million NZ$ since our $ is worth nothing against the green back. Shame you couldn't have wangled that one.

Hi Gerry, Yes the Zed never fails to blow me away with the depth it gets on the small gold. Always think it is going to be a far better piece than it turns out to be. With that damp ground it just gave me more depth again. Obviously no bigger ones lurking. I think you are dead right about your comments re people not running their Zeds to the best advantage & that coming from them being so used to the habits of running their GPX's with as smooth & threshold as possible. I know that I ended up running my GP 3000 as hot as I could, even with it running quite noisy & ratty in our insanely mild ground. Bit like running  the Zed in Steve's insanely hot settings. I struggled at first but when Steve said to treat that extra noise as a new threshold....bingo....signals still lept out in the background. I run the hot settings all the time now. Might be why I am snagging those small bits at those depths. Thanks too for your kind words. Best of luck out there. :smile:

MarXthespot, I was going to mention the Wilkin's River when you spoke of Makarora. Yes....I have to pinch myself every time I head out the door. Even when going to work. Sure is a beautiful backyard & it is a BIG backyard with lots to see & explore. I am truly blessed. Cheers.

Hi Mitchel, Thanks mate. Yes....got to love Pink Floyd. Is your sister in law at the Bombay Hills south of Auckland? That is a vege market garden stronghold area. :smile:.

ophirboy, Cheers mate. No....the Gold Monster was in my wagon but the door I opened had the GB2 sitting there. So I just grabbed it. Could easily have been the GM. In fact....the GM with the 10" coil may have given me a hit on that piece that the GB2 didn't. I do like them both. Hence carrying both of them. I don't know why people say the GB2 is difficult to use. Manual ground balancing is really a no brainer to get the hang of & is a basic fundamental of detecting....or use to be :rolleyes:. Something one really needed to be able to do other wise you are just wasting your time with an out of balance detector. Very useful too to get your detector running a "hot" ground balance.

Going to a Circus tonight.

Thanks all & good luck to you all out there

JW :smile:

• Like 1

I saw the circuis setup at the school, I was going to take the family but for some reason my daughter decided shes scared of clowns now, it's a shame as I myself wanted to go :laugh:

Thats a shame Simon, as there were no clowns. There was a comedian guy who was sort of a clown but all he had related to a clown was a red cherry on his nose. It was a class act. Mrs JW had never been to a circus before. I couldn't believe that, but she thoroughly enjoyed it. I did too. Was a fun evening out. What is it about people being scared of clowns?? Cheers.

20180208_192441

20180208_213043

Good luck out there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's probably why Mcdonald's have phased out Ronald McDonald over the years, kids seem to get scared of clowns :laugh:

• Haha 2

I know a few adults that are scared of & don't like clowns. I guess a few horror movies came out with clowns as the villians & there were those clown copycat murders years back. Simon Cowel was a clown hater....until he saw this.

Cheers

• Haha 1