Gold Monster Headphone Issues

DSMITH

has anyone had issues with their headphones for the GM 1000 mine all of a sudden got to where you have to mess with the plug the part that plugs into the control unit has vary low volume but when you mess with the wire that goes into the plug it starts working  i know its the headphones because I plugged a set of ear buds into the control unit and they work fine are the headphones under warranty also or do I need to purchase another set

If they are under warranty who do I contact to get them replaced the dealer I purchased from or who

I haven't but the ones that came with it seemed like junk and are still sitting in the box - I'm finding I rarely use headphones when running the monster, I use an adapter and detector-pro's when I do though. Rather than have them replaced with another set that is likely to fail, I'd spend my money on a good set of high impedance headphones that you can use for years to come. 

I have not used them much but the past few days the wind has been blowing pretty hard making it difficult to hear so I started using them have only used them maybe three days and then they started doing this and you are rite they are junk but better than nothing when its windy just want to get them replaced so if I ever decide to sell the GM 1000 I have everything that came with it luckily the ear buds I tried worked pretty good though they were from a cell phone.

The phones that came with my Monster didn't work at all...period!  Took my seinhauser 280's that I've use on my etrac , stereo and also for noise cancelation for my practicing my drums.... they work great (as usual) on the Monster.  I also usually just use the external speaker tho.  The 280's have served me very well for 7-8 years now....they are sold as noise canceling audiophile phones, come with both plug sizes and have a long cord..........  Monster phones look and feel like crap imo

Contact Minelab USA in Chicago direct and ask for Jamie.  You'll need to get an RMA # when sending them back. When they send you a new pair put them in the box and leave them there.  Minelab makes some of the best detector technology out there, but their headphones are crap (in my opinion).  As others have said, the external speaker has plenty of volume.  If you want something that does not have issues very often, I highly recommend the Killer Bee's.  Made in USA by John Smith in AL.  Comes with Lifetime Warranty.  Get a pair and then an adpator as right now he only has 1/4 plugs.    Good luck.

• Like 4

thanks for the responses

37 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Contact Minelab USA in Chicago direct and ask for Jamie.  You'll need to get an RMA # when sending them back. When they send you a new pair put them in the box and leave them there.  Minelab makes some of the best detector technology out there, but their headphones are crap (in my opinion).  As others have said, the external speaker has plenty of volume.  If you want something that does not have issues very often, I highly recommend the Killer Bee's.  Made in USA by John Smith in AL.  Comes with Lifetime Warranty.  Get a pair and then an adpator as right now he only has 1/4 plugs.    Good luck.

will contact them tomorrow thanks again

14 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Man that was easy 3 minuet call to Jamie and she is sending me a new pair of headphones did not need a RMA #  as she stated I  do not have to return the broken ones thats great warranty service

Thanks again for the responses and thank you Gerry for whom I should call

will be purchasing a different kind of headphones though as the ones that come with the Gold Monster are crap I do not use headphones vary often with it but they are nice to have when the wind in the area you are hunting is howling

• Like 1

Hello All,  I do not use the supplied headphones, most of the time I rely on the speaker however when I do use headphones they are Sun Ray Gold,  Adapters from 1/8" to 1/4 are not expensive and can be purchased online at ebay or Amazon , I got mine at Radio Shack.  I think Sun Ray is also made by J. Smith in Al.- correct me if I am wrong about that Gerry.....

• Like 1

I find like others that headphones are almost an ear hazard when using the Gold Monster , and only use them when I, m in close proximity to other prospectors . I have a nice set  of Noise cancelling ones that I use for such occasions.