Just Called Kellyco

16 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

Minelab is playing no favorites, if they were, the blokes down under would already be swingin' their noxes, and as yet they are not. 

We have a bloke right here in MS swingin his 'Nox, as you know.  How come no one in Australia has theirs?

I'm not talking about favorites but simply shipping distances from the factory, BTW.  Isn't that Malaysia?  Who knows.  Fuggedaboutit.  I'm no international shipping expert.  Just thought they were closer to the source.

There had to be some problem, the official distributor of Spain will only get 4 units and have about 200 reserves. Very bad on the part of Minelab

• Like 1

I have no special knowledge on this but I would anticipate a trickle followed by a flood. My guess is Minelab had units prepositioned in the U.S. and elsewhere to get a few units out to some people, but they were probably shipped air. The bulk are probably on the way by container ship and will arrive later. Basically at this point I think we are talking shipping/logistical stuff. Just guessing though but makes sense to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pigglywiggly said:

it's a metal detector, not a life saving device. i am surprised at the crying in here. 

Lol.....crying here? You must not have visited a couple of the other forums. This is probably one of the most civil and sane minded forums on the internet right now ?

• Like 2

Holy cow, Pigglywiggly!

If you are tired of stuff being said here, you might not want to venture to any other "Equinox" forums out there!  LOL!  OR, Facebook, apparently (I don't know personally on that one).

This is TAME and SANE, compared to some "other places!"

Steve

EDITED TO SAY -- Dan(NM) read my mind, and beat me to it by a couple of seconds!  :)

• Like 2

Just people excited to get a new toy blowing off a little steam. If Minelab would come out with a statement of clear actual facts as they are in this moment of time, it would help a lot. It is all the uncertainty that is driving people crazy. I am a big fan of laying it all out and let the cards fall where they may.

One thing I learned running a service department. Call someone the moment things are getting delayed and be honest with them about it... generally no problem. People just want to plan their lives. But keep them in the dark and hanging means someone at the counter pounding a fist and yelling. It is not the lack of machines right now that is the issue, it is the lack of credible information. Minelab may not be able to help with delays in development, but this information thing or lack of it is totally under their control. They are choosing to keep people in the dark, and that is not sitting well with many people.

• Like 7