Just Called Kellyco

9 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I should make some up for my customers with a twist.

"My dealer and I Survived the Equinox of 2018", but honestly not sure if I will survive?

I did get confirmation this afternoon of shipping to me...yippie.

Gerry, are you at liberty to say the # of units you will be receiving? My dealer had no information today. Seriously considering canceling my fully paid preorder for a refund. If I'm going to wait, I'll wait until they are on the shelves (eBay). No pricing on accessories is a factor also. 

Guest Tnsharpshooter

This was FB post by UK dealer yesterday I believe.

Just seen this posted on the EQ FB page. Looks pretty bleak as UK dealers are suppose to get their stock a week or two before the US.

"
Just Received from LP. I think we saw this coming?

Good afternoon,

Firstly thank you for registering your interest in the Minelab Equinox with LP Metal Detecting.

We have now received our first delivery schedule from Minelab in regard to shipping quantities and expected delivery dates.

Unfortunately it is the news we feared we may have to share... The quantity of stock arriving in to the U.K. early next week is incredibly small, so much so we are receiving only a fraction of the units that we have ordered on the first delivery. This is an issue that the whole dealer network is facing whilst Minelab try their hardest to keep up with the huge demand in this new product.

As we are receiving such a small allocation of our order we will unfortunately not be able to provide you with the machine you desire at this time.

Minelab are hopeful that all outstanding units we have ordered will be fulfilled over the coming weeks (this may be in multiple smaller batches). At this time we do not know exact dates of further deliveries coming to us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss around this, that isn't specifically answered in this email, please feel free to call us on 01635 XXXXXX (Monday to Saturday 09:30-17:00) and we will do our best to answer these questions for you.

We will continue to keep you fully informed of any news we receive from Minelab and thank you for your continued patience whilst we await healthy supply of the machine you can't wait to get your hands on."

Might as well add a bit of fuel to the fire, wouldn't want it to die out :rolleyes:

So happens that Tom Dankowski (aka NASA-TOM) was also a field tested for the Equinox, and he recently posted that he was the cause of a 6-week delay,.  An inquiry as to when that delay timer kicked of was met with deafening silence:

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
((Although I'm to blame for the 6-week delay.))

Tom when you say you're responsible for a six week delay, can you share when this delay incurred? Is that six weeks from when you made your post? Six weeks from January 1?  Just what are we looking at here? Another month or two to wait for the equinox?

No idea how that factors into the unicorn we're calling the Equinox.....I will say that with Tom D. being a long time, avid (die hard) methodical and scientifically minded detectorists, whatever it was that he impressed upon Minelab to delay the Equinox, must've been a fairly big code rewrite as many of these tweaks and whatnot can be done in a matter of days, not months.  It'll be interesting to see what else he shares, as so far he's been exceedingly tight lipped about all things Equinox.
  • Like 1

He had the machine for several months and was in phone and Email contact routinely suggesting changes that the engineers listened to.   It wasnt just one version he had a hand in..... takes time to test and rewrite..... then get it back out to him and the testers.   This was a very good move for ML and will in fact give us an even better machine.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

He had the machine for several months and was in phone and Email contact routinely suggesting changes that the engineers listened to.   It wasnt just one version he had a hand in..... takes time to test and rewrite..... then get it back out to him and the testers.   This was a very good move for ML and will in fact give us an even better machine.

Agreed, just curious about the start of the clock of said 6-week delay.....

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Agreed, just curious about the start of the clock of said 6-week delay.....

Since at least one forum member here has received their machine, I would guess that the clock started at least six weeks ago, if not longer.  Otherwise, users could be receiving units don't incorporate the fix for whatever Tom discovered and caused the delay.   I find Minelab knowingly doing that unlikely.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
18 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Might as well add a bit of fuel to the fire, wouldn't want it to die out :rolleyes:

So happens that Tom Dankowski (aka NASA-TOM) was also a field tested for the Equinox, and he recently posted that he was the cause of a 6-week delay,.  An inquiry as to when that delay timer kicked of was met with deafening silence:

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
((Although I'm to blame for the 6-week delay.))

Tom when you say you're responsible for a six week delay, can you share when this delay incurred? Is that six weeks from when you made your post? Six weeks from January 1?  Just what are we looking at here? Another month or two to wait for the equinox?

No idea how that factors into the unicorn we're calling the Equinox.....I will say that with Tom D. being a long time, avid (die hard) methodical and scientifically minded detectorists, whatever it was that he impressed upon Minelab to delay the Equinox, must've been a fairly big code rewrite as many of these tweaks and whatnot can be done in a matter of days, not months.  It'll be interesting to see what else he shares, as so far he's been exceedingly tight lipped about all things Equinox.

Just a hunch.

Notice how iron bias setting was slid in on the brochure.

I'll bet this was "the delay".  Only speculation, but remember iron bias only works in multi freq.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
53 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Switching Gold Mode to multi IQ could have been it also.

Very true.  Actually since multi freq using 5khz.  Maybe iron bias setting allowance makes Equinox smoother in iron- all speculation.  And I base this off of my CTX experience.

9 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Very true.  Actually since multi free using 5khz.  Maybe iron bias setting allowance makes Equinox smoother in iron- all speculation.  And base this off of my CTX experience.

True.  In fact, it could very well be both of those things since they both showed up in the last Minelab update.  It's probably at least one or the other but they could be tied together.  Can't wait to play with iron bias to see what it is really all about and the magnitude of the effect as it is adjusted.  I know you will get to the heart of it based on how you approach the thick iron testing of Deus.