Replacement Hips & Knees

Dig It

Do Hip and or Complete Knee replacements screw with metal detectors of any make or model ? Of course I'm talking about being out in wild while using one.

Here is a link to pretty much the same topic. Called "Metal Detecting with a Knee Replacement"

I have a 9in metal plate in my hip with 17 screws, and am able to work a GPZ 14 coil. The big coil on the other hand goes off on swing towards my affected hip. I would think a knee replacement would be more problematic,  but not impossible. 

Chris

Thanks guys, had to ask, getting ready to spoil myself with 2 new detector's & a new pinpointer . Been swinging a G.B.2 with a 10 month old complete knee replacement, but just a couple outing's. My little mind is at ease.

Hey Mike T., went to the link you suggested and realized I have already looked into this. Guess I could use a memory replacement. Ha ha !!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dig It said:

Hey Mike T., went to the link you suggested and realized I have already looked into this. Guess I could use a memory replacement. Ha ha !!

Couldn't we all!

Mike

• Thanks 1

I can only speak personally: With a partial Left Knee, and with the most sensitive of modern detectors - the GPZ with the 14”coil, there has never been any noticible affects.  

Shoes, with metal eyes, or such - yes, partial knee, no.  I was very concerned beforehand, but in almost two years of detecting - no issues, and decent gold.

The GM1000 is also unaffected.  Good hunting up there. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a corin mini hip replacement done in june ,  my 4000 is unaffected by it , just for a laugh used my mates minelab pinpointer on it , it found it , went through Melbourne airport last week and didn,t get picked up ,I quizzed ol mate at the scanner and he crapped on about titanium not registering but leaving Darwin it set off the alarm and then had my  belt removed and put back through detector , more alarms then taken aside and hand detected and gunpowder residue checked .maybe better security because of the airforce base in town  ??