Equinox - "the Parking Lot" - Questions That Cannot Be Answered Just Yet

The manual is awesome and is a great read while we are waiting for the Equinoxes to show up at our doorsteps.  However, the manual or other printed, posted, or visual information may raise questions in our minds that may not be able to be answered until a number of folks start getting Equinoxes in their hands are start to run it (and the instruction manual settings) through their paces.  Accordingly, I have established this thread as kind of a memory list where people can put down questions that may not necessarily be answerable now, but may become answerable once a critical mass of Equinox 600 and 800 users are out there.   This is not a wish list or suggestion box or a complaint desk.  Simply a place to park legitimate questions for things that are not entirely clear at the moment.  Have fun. 

(Steve - this could go badly or be great, who knows but feel free to repurpose, delete, move or otherwise alter as you see fit if you have a better idea on how to do this)

Example:  Why are the default iron bias settings different on the 600 ("2") and 800 ("6" which corresponds to "3" not "2" on the 600) (see p. 52 of the manual)?

• Like 1

Chase Goldman you're reading page 52 in manual #1.. Look at page 47 in manual #3 that comes with the detector that is if your ordered manual #3 and not all manual #3's have page 47

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Another conspiracy?  Missing page 47

who notices page numbers??lol 

what I want more information on is why park and field modes have a ground balance default setting of 0. So is an automatic ground balance recommended at the start of detecting? Or do you just start to detect with the default setting? Why would a 0 setting be the default and not ground balance tracking. With my xterra 705, I used to run GB tracking almost exclusively. The manual doesn't say all that much on the subject of ground balance. Curious 

3 hours ago, relicmeister said:

Another conspiracy?  Missing page 47

who notices page numbers??lol 

what I want more information on is why park and field modes have a ground balance default setting of 0. So is an automatic ground balance recommended at the start of detecting? Or do you just start to detect with the default setting? Why would a 0 setting be the default and not ground balance tracking. With my xterra 705, I used to run GB tracking almost exclusively. The manual doesn't say all that much on the subject of ground balance. Curious 

Answered here http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5305-important-tip-global-vs-local-settings/?do=findComment&comment=55816

• Like 1

I like that questions are set out so we can answer them as we get information, but separate threads for questions are better, otherwise the answers will have an all-in-one thread get confusing pretty quickly. 

There are some questions, primarily related to instruction manual information or how unfamiliar features such as iron bias work, that I and others have asked in other threads that have gone unanswered or where the answer has been that we’ll find out when more people have Equinox in their hands, hence the Parking Lot to go back and refer to them in one spot.  I can see that if they actually can be answered before the majority have their Equinoxes in the coming months it can become unwieldy.  You’re  the boss, so that’s  why I asked what you wanted to do in the first post. Now I have my answer and will abandon the thread.  Bad idea. Thanks and sorry I wasted forum bandwidth.  Good intentions, bad execution.  Search function can be used for those older unanswered question threads that have fallen off the front page.  Movin’ on...

• Sad 1