Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Instructional Video - Basic features and functions of the fully wireless Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk pinpointer are demonstrated. Sections include: wireless syncing; a tip on factory reset; adjusting detection and sensitivity settings; lost pinpointer alarm; retuning the Pro-Pointer to find targets faster or to overcome environmental challenges; battery replacement; and general care.

• By Happa54
      Hey Everyone...I hope you all had a great weekend hunt.
      At present time, I'm chasing buffs & V nics. I did enough silver and wheats since last year and I want to focus on different things one category at a time.
      This morning I was able to spend approx 3 hours at a 3-4 acre 1920's park until they took over the field for soccer. Got 6 nics and other goodies. 
      There were just as many quarter signals as there were dimes and pennies signals. Tells me that it isn't getting hunted much, if any... right?
      In my quest for nics, I'm blocking out everything except 12/13 and 18+ and I have been doing well with the nics this way. If a silver gets in the way, then it's icing on the cake. 
      What prompted me to write is this morning I dug a nic with an erratic signal and it got me wondering. It rang up as a weak 12/13. Threw it in AM and a 16 pops up, then a 14, but then drops back down to 12/13.  Threw it in 10khz and the numbers didn't move much. I decided to dig which I normally would not do if it isn't a steady 12/13. But I did anyways, then out comes a bent, slightly cut Jefferson. There was nothing else in the hole after a 2nd sweep of the coil. This now makes me wonder if I need to open up the numbers a little more... like maybe 11 - 14? I don't want to miss that V or Buff. 
      Thanks for stopping in and giving your feedback.

• By Hard Prospector
      Anyone have any insight on this new machine from Nokta? Saw it advertised on a internet discount detector sales site (guess.....yep that's the one), kind of looks like a "futuristic GB2". Man this company never sleeps.

• By steveg
      Hi all!
      I have been out doing some night hunting the past few nights, as this is the time I have available right now due to my shift schedule!
      The first picture (of the UGLY war nickel and the wheat) is from my local park that after too many years of hunting it WAY too much, it's become VERY stingy at giving up good finds.
      The second, is from the following night, from a site that was an old golf course.  I've hunted one small part of this site heavily with my Explorer (a sidewalk next to where the pool used to be), as this small section gave up a large number of wheats -- probably about two dozen, but never a silver coin from this part of the site.  However, there are a lot of nails in this little area as well, so I thought that maybe with the Equinox I might be able to scare up another wheatie.  Well, I underestimated the Equinox's ability to find partially masked targets!  Nearly every one of those coins (plus several Memorial pennies not shown) had at LEAST one nail in the hole with them, and the ones that didn't, had nails nearby enough to foul up the signal, to varying degrees.  After several of these digs, the Equinox and I got on the same page, and I became really confident in what I was hearing -- and when it was trying to alert me that there was a coin hidden in the iron.  Let's just say I'm EXTREMELY impressed.  EVERY one of these coins was passed over with the Explorer, multiple times.  To say I am a bit shocked, is an understatement...

Steve

• By RenoGeoff
      Hi Guys, Just joined this forum when I saw all the great info. Have found some some nice finds but no silver yet, mostly wheaties.. (the places I've hit I haven't found silver in at least the last 5 outings anyway so wasn't expecting much, plus a couple new spots I wanted to check out that I figured were hit hard, but still got something from each.) Still reading through older posts, but wanted to see if anyone has live dig videos of iron trash areas or ghost towns?  I'm curious what a good target amongst the trash would sound like. I'm moving from an Explorer to take advantage of the speed of the Nox in these areas.  I have been digging mostly clean signals in trash for now, and hitting nice on nickels and wheats, but still looking for some masked silver the Explorer might have missed.  The watch was 6" and the token 2" in trash, from different locations.

• By kiwijw
      Hi guys, I have been sending on to Simon (phrunt) some old video footage I took to show him the sensitivity & depth of the 4500 on pretty small gold. using the Minelab 11" Commander Mono coil. That coil found me a lot of gold, small gold. All these clips were taken on the same detecting mission & were pretty much one after the other. The day was windy, as you will see, & it was before my days of using a scoop to retrieve targets. Consequently I got the dropsy's & made a meal of the recovery in the first vid. Hence it dragging on far longer than it should have. Sorry about that. The reason why I never made it public back in the day. I could have edited it but didn't. Just the raw footage. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.
      Video # 1

Video # 2

Video # 3
       There are more that I will add later. Cheers
      Good luck out there
      JW