The Consequence Of Equinox

1 hour ago, Champ Ferguson said:

If any of you found a 1/4-20 washer with your old Radio Shack detector, you did WAY better than I ever did with mine. That thing put me off the hobby for a decade.

You know the “Boot of Cortez “ was actually found with a radio shack metal detector  389.4 Troy ounce 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I've done quite well coin shooting with my 3300 but the dense clay here in the Carolinas might have something to do with that.  Looking forward to my Nox 600 so I can explore some wetter spots and go back over some old sites as I'm certain the 3300 and some other machines have missed some silver. 

3 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Well,

The only thing I can say on this subject.  Minelab has indeed got into many folks detecting psyche.  There are still many targets lurking that other detector models can and will find.  I have sold no detectors because of Equinox.  I did sell one, but only because I wasn't using detector and it was too heavy for me to enjoy.  I have already paid for Equinox, and will use when I receive.

Hey there, I'll be moving down there soon. Johnson City area and maybe you can show me a few tricks someday.

John

11 hours ago, WesH said:

Spot on.  I’ve had a AT Gold for sale for a month now. Not a nibble but I refuse to give it away.  Usually when you sell a used machine you have to pile on so many extra coils and other accessories that they become more valuable than the detector.  Probably will just start keeping my older detectors and hope I can develop an interest toward detecting with my grand daughters as they get older.

Exactly!  My old DFX will be a great machine for my grandson to learn on.  If he likes the hobby as much as Granny, then we'll get him an Equinox 2000 in a few years.

• Like 2

Guest Tnsharpshooter
1 hour ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Hey there, I'll be moving down there soon. Johnson City area and maybe you can show me a few tricks someday.

John

Johnson City is quite a haul from my house.  I do go over to Knoxville occassionally to visit detector dealer and a couple friends I have there.