mn90403

Gerry's Is Getting An Equinox Delivery Tuesday!

If you are not reading all the threads then you would have missed this:

I did get confirmation this afternoon of shipping to me...yippie.

Gerry said that.

Mitchel

• Like 2

How much did you have to prepay Mitchel?

The problem is not when, if not, how many units will the distributors receive?

I didn't make my Equinox purchase from Gerry.  I didn't have to prepay because of my 'relationship' with my dealer but Minelab wanted to send to prepays first so I followed the rules.  Bill will have my detector this weekend and send it to me.  I'll have it for my beaches early next week!  I'll tell you when I get it.

Dealers don't want to get caught in the who's first game.  Please don't ask them how many.

Steve has said the fire storm was about to begin and now it has.  Two months from now it will probably be out.

Mitchel

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Steve has said the fire storm was about to begin and now it has.  Two months from now it will probably be out.

Mitchel

I'm not sure I understand you here.  Two months from now what will be out?  The Equinox???  Deliveries are already being made, so that can't be what you mean.  The Equinox to everybody who has prepaid?  The Equinox to those who haven't prepaid?  Please elaborate what you mean Mitchel.

The 'storm' right now will be 'Where is mine?'  How much longer will it be before they are 'on the shelf' and I can just buy one.  'I've been waiting since last summer ... 'Why can't I have mine now?' etc, etc.

The pent-up demand has had the fuse lit.

How much time before you get more?  That storm.

Mitchel 

• Like 1

To Spain they will arrive only 4 units and from what I have understood to England they arrive only 10. It is what I have understood, it could be that this ill-informed

It is impossible to deliver every presold detector to everyone immediately. Small numbers are being allocated around the entire world so a few get out to all regions. More machines will follow very soon. Not everyone can be first. In general, those that put money down early are getting the first machines. Those that waited to do so will be later in line. That’s just the reality of the supply chain ramping up.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I didn't make my Equinox purchase from Gerry.  I didn't have to prepay because of my 'relationship' with my dealer but Minelab wanted to send to prepays first so I followed the rules.  Bill will have my detector this weekend and send it to me.  I'll have it for my beaches early next week!  I'll tell you when I get it.

Dealers don't want to get caught in the who's first game.  Please don't ask them how many.

Mitchel

The 'fire storm' will only be out if Minelab recognizes the amount of interest in their new detector and seriously ramps up production...personally I see this getting worse and worse as a few finally get out and the reports (of just how good/versatile it is) begin coming out....

so the fire storm really begins next week and will build as folks see how few have actually been shipped out....we're talking very large Worldwide demand here folks...

oh and Minelab, if you're listening, it's absolutely necessary to let us know exactly what you plan on doing to put this fire storm out....cheers....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chase Goldman
      Time to do some serious spring cleaning this weekend so I am unlikely to get out detecting much.  For those shut ins like me here is a discussion point:
      We know that MultiIQ is the heart and soul of the Equinox.  It is more than just multifrequency.  It determines the "personality" and behavior of each mode.  Enables Ground Balancing on both mineralized and salt dominated environments.  Is essential to the Iron Bias feature (Iron Bias is disable when in single frequency), and you can't even operate in either Beach mode in single frequency.  So that begs the question, when shifting to single frequency in Park or Field mode (leaving Gold mode out of this discussion because it is a different animal altogether with its VCO audio, dedicated threshold settings, and single freqs limited to 20 and 40) does it really matter what mode you are in at that point?  Does the detector essentially become mode independent at that point because you have lost the MultiIQ personality other than the disc, tone breakpoint, and recovery settings you have specified?  Interestingly, the manual states that you should noise cancel any time you change the frequency setting.  That tells me that the noise cancel process is conducted using single frequency as well as multifrequency  (consistent with the given mode) depending on whether you are in multi or single.  Finally, the manual never explicitly says, but I also wonder whether GB is also conducted in single frequency if you GB while the detector is in single frequency.   That would make more sense than the detector shifting back to multi when you GB but who knows.  What I do know is that you would lose some of the abilities that MultiIQ provides in compensating for a less than ideal GB so it would be prudent to also do a GB if you switch to single.
      This is meant to encourage detector nerd like discussion and thoughts because some good information about how to better utilize the detector in single frequency may come of it.  Since a lot of this is speculation, let's keep the emotions and "right vs. wrong" type discussions to a minimum.  Unless you can cite a specific "truth" in the manual or the laws of physics, everyone should get the benefit of the doubt about their thoughts and opinions on the subject.  Talk about how you might best utilize single frequency mode given its known limitations (e.g., we know about junk target interrogation, maximizing depth high conductors using 5 khz (provided noise does not become an issue) or sifting for shallow jewelry mid-conductors at 20/40khz, and as a last ditch effort to counter EMI if all else fails in MultiIQ). 
      Have at it.  
      HH (to those who ARE getting out)
    • By SittingElf
      Yesterday, I used my APTX LL headphones exclusively for the first time during a 90 minute hunt with my 600. + sign indicating paired LL was active and all working well. 

What I found though was that the Low Latency lag of 40ms is still quite noticeable, and slows down recovery of finds.  Maybe I'm oversensitive to lag, but there is clearly a difference between wired direct (or speaker), and APTX LL.  Having to backtrack for a signal that was just heard, and finding that exact spot again is a little frustrating when I'm used to instantly seeing the position of the coil when hearing the detector signal on wired HP's or on speaker. Waggling is also slightly different. The hands-free, wire-free benefit is certainly good and convenient, but for me, it just didn't feel right at 40ms lag.  At this point, I will probably NOT use LL headphones except when it is absolutely necessary for whatever reason. I think that the WM08 that will come with my 800 will likely be a much better solution, with a 17ms Lag vs 40ms with LL. Certainly, the LL's are a big step beyond 100ms BlueTooth, but still not "just right".

As for the LL Headphones...I own the ArchMage SoundClean9's ($45 at Amazon), and they are really nice, comfortable, and sound great. They have a 50 hour operational capacity following a full 4-hour  charge. They fit my big head, even over a Minelab baseball cap. There are a lot of "Pro's" about these headphones, but also a few cons that will be found in other headphones as well.

Hunting in high temperature, high humidity areas like Florida, I am concerned about the longevity and durability of the ear cushions as they are saturated by salty sweat while hunting in the field. I think the only real solution is pure rubber cushions, which would obviously not be as comfortable. Not sure if any manufacturer has a real solution for this problem.

The ArchMage headphones controls are well located, and they work well, but are not raised and palpable without knowing exactly where they are while wearing the headphones. Not that big a deal, but raised buttons would have been a better design.

I do really like the headphones, and may use them wired in cooler conditions when warranted, without APTX...just direct.

So...this is all just my own $.02. Others may differ...but most importantly, this is my 200th post on this forum, and now I'm SILVER!!! 😜
    • By Jackpine
      In certain areas I'm getting definite hits reading 1 and some times 2 . At first I thought it has to be tiny split shot but now I'm not so sure.  I now believe most of these are tiny hot rocks.  Spit shot I can handle and ID  by sight. I've dug plenty in my day and always managed to get them in the scoop. With these hits there is nothing except a scoop basket full of small gravels.  In some areas I have resorted to notching out 1 or raising the iron segment to include it.
      Any thoughts?
    • By sdbirder
      I'm a former XP Deus user and have been searching around for aptX LL headphones similar to my old Deus WS4 wireless backphones so that I can wear sunhats. I purchased the 66 AUDIO BTS Pro's last week and was pretty disappointed after syncing them up to the Equinox 800 and no aptX LL!!! I contacted their tech support and didn't hear anything for a couple of days. I boxed them up to return to Amazon and just as I was heading out the door to the UPS Store I received an email from them saying "We will send over a manual firmware update in 1-2 days to resolve the aptX-LL issue." Two days later (today) I got the firmware update. The update went smoothly on my PC, I synced up to the Equinox 800 and aptX LL now works GREAT!!! I tested them out around my garden and they're awesome. If anyone needs the firmware update file without having to wait four days send me a PM. These headphones sound great, loud, are comfortable and have some pretty impressive specs with a 40 hour battery and 100 foot range.
      https://www.66audio.com/bts-pro
      https://www.amazon.com/66-AUDIO-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01M8M4R7K

• By cdv
      Today I got a 10 - 12 signal with iron and mid tones mixed, sure sounded like a bottle cap. Typically I'll dig a scoop to try and determine if it is a bottle  cap by how and if the signal changes. . After 1 scoop all I had in the hole was an iron tone. I decided to look in the scoop and there was the mid tone.....3 grams of PD 950 with tiny diamonds.....pretty blue main stone.
      Pretty amazing how this machine can see a good target around the iron.
      Be careful on those bottle cap signals!

• By Ridge Runner
      I’d text Rob yesterday if he had heard anything on the 6” coil for our Nox . I know not everyone is waiting on this coil like myself. Rob’s reply that he has yet to hear a word if and when it will be available.
      I was surfing the net and up pop Kellco stating they taking pre-orders on said coil with the price set at 179.00.
      I guess no I don’t guess I know I’ll stay with dealers I’ve known for years.
      Chuck