Gerry's Is Getting An Equinox Delivery Tuesday!

mn90403

My dealer told me he had 12 pre-ordered and I know he got 3 in the first shipment.  Maybe he upped his pre-order to 60 after I ordered mine.  If any of you guys up in white-death land want to give me your No. 1 spot, I'll happily post you a nice long video entitled "Equinox On The Florida Beach". :laugh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Northeast said:

If the dealer ordered 100 they got 5.  Ordered 20 they got 1.  Any dealer under 20 pre-orders got none.

That's not entirely true.  Every dealer will get one if they pre-ordered any at all.  Then X more depending on quantity but not necessarily a set percentage. But yes there was a formula to distribute and the simplified statement you were given is an easier way for people to understand just not 100% true.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
20 minutes ago, DetectingMO said:

That's not entirely true.  Every dealer will get one if they pre-ordered any at all.  Then X more depending on quantity but not necessarily a set percentage. But yes there was a formula to distribute and the simplified statement you were given is an easier way for people to understand just not 100% true.

Craig is correct.

My unit is clear example showing.

The reason for my tip I gave earlier above.

Btw, here is link showing dealers in USA and Canada.

Can't say how accurate or up to date info is currently. A few listings are admin listings for Minelab it seems.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/where-to-buy?search=dealer&geozone=918&country=215&state=0&postcode=&name=

What if a dealer 'ordered' a thousand ... something ties an 'order to a pre-order to a deposit to a paid order to a deposit' if you are in the distribution system.  Someone playing the game of 'I'll take the first one I get and cancel all the other orders' isn't an accurate picture. 

Then there also has to be a few paybacks, favors and preferred customers allowed (if they keep quiet) and then you have Real World distribution.

We will never know all of these 'deals' that keep the marketing ship afloat.  All of it is for naught if the machine has a flaw, error or requires a return.

I'm sure we'll all take the detector working at its best rather than the detector released sooner and has to be returned.  Many of us remember the falsing threads about the Monster.  

Mitchel

I hate to add to this thread gone bad but I have seen outright wrong information being stated above.. You can add this to mix but these two things I know to be TRUE. 

Fact- I did NOT have to prepay for my Equinox and it is on its way.  I have a tracking number and date. 2-14

Fact- My dealer ordered LESS then 20 and received 3.. 2 800s and one 600..

• Like 1

Oh ... one thing most of us forgot on this thread.  Remember there was a meeting in Arizona between national and international Minelab dealers?  A couple of pictures were posted here about comparisons of the Equinox to other detectors.  All of the dealers came away from that meeting and didn't really give us any details about 'when' deliveries would be made.

I know it is a small thing but it is an important thing if you are a Minelab dealer.  What did they call that meeting?  They called it a Partners Meeting.  They are Partners with Minelab.  They are a 'self-policing' body.  If one dealer sells in a manner which can be shown to hurt other dealers they can be thrown out of the Partnership.  There are territories for dealers which overlap here because we are on the internet.  Small marketing areas become BIG.

When I purchased my 5000 it was 'bundled' with many extras but the price was the same as other dealers/partners.  They fight for market share all the time.  Local vs internet vs training vs sales taxes ...

I'm ready for the beach!

Mitchel