Gerry's Is Getting An Equinox Delivery Tuesday!

mn90403

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I'm thinking about canceling my pre-order. 

My dealer let me know that he was receiving a whopping TWO units, and that I'm #8 on the list, and likely will not see it for some time. 

Not anybodies fault really, but I'm starting a new job next month, and it'll be an exceedingly time consuming job for the foreseeable future, and my wife and I are expecting our first this summer, so that likely will put my detecting on the back-burner until fall.  By then, hopefully, the Equinox will no longer be a unicorn.   Until we started observing that the receive date was such a moving target, I had really anticipated receiving it by some time in January, or at least February, certainly not in March or April, although as the pieces of the puzzle started to land into place, that picture was becoming more in focus.   Hope it works for everyone as much as we are anticipating it will.  

I am canceling and picking up my refund tomorrow. I prepaid early October...was not given a choice. He is receiving 1 - 2 units with no solid date or numbers for 2nd shipment. They are "hoping" to have preorders filled by end of March. ALOT can happen financially and in life within 4 months. For me, it's increasing property taxes (So. CA) and house projects. I just can't have nearly $1,000 tied up any longer, possibly another 2 months. I may own one in the future...just not now. The CTX 3030, Excal II and Dual Field have been working very well for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JP.Diggzzit said:

I am canceling and picking up my refund tomorrow. I prepaid early October...was not given a choice. He is receiving 1 - 2 units with no solid date or numbers for 2nd shipment. They are "hoping" to have preorders filled by end of March. ALOT can happen financially and in life within 4 months. For me, it's increasing property taxes (So. CA) and house projects. I just can't have nearly $1,000 tied up any longer, possibly another 2 months. I may own one in the future...just not now. The CTX 3030, Excal II and Dual Field have been working very well for me!

Probably a blessing in disguise because the Equinox is good but it is not going to pay your property taxes (unless you stuck it out and then flipped it on ebay, that is :smile:), so better to have liquid capital back to pay the bills.  Good luck and you are right that you have decent detector stable to see you through until The time is right for Equinox.

• Like 2

I've come to terms with the idea that I have to wait for 2nd batch arrival from Minelab. 

I expect some uncertainty regarding when next batch arrives, and how big it will be, but what is upsetting is hearing some sources saying most preorders should be covered before march and others saying by end of march......maybe. 3 weeks is one thing, 7 weeks is quite another

• Like 1

I paid a couple weeks ago $850 for the Equinox 800. Always a better deal calling directly cuz they cant advertise lower price on their website. That said I''ll get it soon enough by the end of February. Still got my DEUS which is still an awesome machine. Everybody is getting too worked up lol 

It's a highly sought after machine, I expected there to be delays. It's perfectly normal with a new product making enough for initial demand

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The detector is a minor detail though I am sorry yours was not one of the early deliveries. More to the point Brian, congratulations to you and your wife on your new addition to the family!! :smile:

Minelab will have missed out what with your hunting and video skills.

Thanks Steve. 

I'm sure once the kiddo gets old enough, we'll have a new detectorist in the family too (maybe the Equinox will be out by then...sorry, couldn't resist :rolleyes:

• Haha 1