What Do You Do When You Get Your Equinox 800?

mn90403

Screw the test garden I am headed to one of the trashy empty lots along Beach Blvd where Katrina wiped out so many houses and businesses. If I have a good day there I will have an awesome day everywhere else. 

• Like 2

If I get it on a day with a minus tide I'm going to the beach.

If I get it  in the afternoon I'm going to my ranch permission

If it comes UPS it'll be here after 5:30pm and if so I'll go to my favorite 120 year old park and bring my headlamp because it'll be dark before I decide to quit for the night. 

Until then I will detect my wife's purse for clad after hours and use my deus and excal everywhere else. 

• Like 2

Head to the iron infested home site followed by a trip to the old fairgrounds that was  dug up and landscaped for soccer and ball fields. A true depth test that will be.

• Like 1

Mine is going to eBay for triple the cost!  :biggrin:

If I'm not in the nursing home by the time I get it . I will be straight to a park as in Oz our tiny $2 coins are so easy to lose and when you find them your coin tally skyrockets so fast . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to introduce the Equinox to the bigger more powerful CTX 3030...maybe they can get to know each other and perhaps become close personal friends. The CTX can tell the equinox some of his  secrets to finding treasure...kinda like a debriefing of sorts. It can educate it on stable target ID at depth for example. Then  he can show her some of the treasures he has found over the years. Perhaps the Equinox will be impressed? Maybe they can go on a hunt together? and then really get to know each other? I'll even wish a bit more and maybe they can really get to know each other and  Minelab can produce some  CTXInoxes?

strick

1 hour ago, strick said:

I'm going to introduce the Equinox to the bigger more powerful CTX 3030...maybe they can get to know each other and perhaps become close personal friends. The CTX can tell the equinox some of his  secrets to finding treasure...kinda like a debriefing of sorts. It can educate it on stable target ID at depth for example. Then  he can show her some of the treasures he has found over the years. Perhaps the Equinox will be impressed? Maybe they can go on a hunt together? and then really get to know each other? I'll even wish a bit more and maybe they can really get to know each other and  Minelab can produce some  CTXInoxes?

strick

your ctx will probably wet himself knowing he will no longer be your favorite detector after you use the nox:biggrin:

• Like 1

I got mine yesterday (a couple of days late)!  I'm a bit busy but charged it up and went out to my local beaches about 4 PM.  I used the WM8 and the headphones clipped to my cap as I do the 3030 and 7000.  I fumbled around and figured out how to connect and away I went.

It was not my best effort.  The sounds were strange to me but I heard a little one and my first target was a dime before I got to the wet sand.  Ok, it's on I think.  I swing and bring up the threshold to just audible and use Beach 2 and I hear another weak sound and I find an earring/hoop as my first wet find.  Then I walked and walked and the signals were not jumping out at me like my 3030.  I switched to Beach 1 and a bit nosier but signals are still unfamiliar.  They all seem weak to me.

Time for the next beach where I know there are more things.  I didn't change my settings.  I should have set up a test garden here and 'figured it out' but ...

Later at the end of the hunt I looked at the earphones and I'll say I could have enhanced the volume with the volume control on them.  I'll do that next time so I can use this better.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Hi have a work trip planned the 2nd half of March... will be away from my home for 10 days.  I am certain that my E800 will arrive the day I get on the plane... and will be sitting inside my door mocking me for the remainder of my trip.  

Oh, wait, the question was 'what do I do', not what the Equinox will do.....  

In that case... I will cry.  lol.

• Like 1