Do you Leach? What is your favorite solution  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite gold leach solution?

• Agua Regia
    • Potassium Cyanide
    • Potassium Iodine
    • Never done it - don't know

In 2014, I removed the gold plating from a bunch of electronics.

That's a big business for many. A lot of guys on this forum are into the scrap gold business gleaned from electronic parts. Seems labor intensive to me, but to each his own.

Yeah, unlike wandering the hills digging junk!

I'd rather be out wandering the hills in my own peaceful solitude, rather than trying to chase down old computers, cell phones, and other electronic junk to make a dime. That's just me though.  :o

I'd rather be out wandering the hills in my own peaceful solitude, rather than trying to chase down old computers, cell phones, and other electronic junk to make a dime. That's just me though.  :o

That is most of us here. You certainly get no argument from me on that point!

Great information about chemical leaching....like most of us I am not interested in this process. Rather be wandering and scanning, in my zone and digging targets. Chris, thanks for all your info, I just learned a few things...and its only 6:15 in the morning. 

Thank you Chris, for all the info you have shared.   I know many people bring home concentrates to pan out at their leisure.   I wondered if anyone brought stuff home to leach.  I guess the answer is not many.

That 1/2 ounce of gold plate recovery is impressive.  I can't even imagine how much electronic equipment had to be processed to get that much.

HH
Mike

Long story on the electronics. They were several pounds of gold plated contact pins. A guy I know of but never met somehow acquired them - I have no idea where they came from. Some years later he passed away, and a friend of mine was given them for helping the widow sell his extensive collection of mining equipment. Some years later my friend passed and I helped his widow sell his equipment and was given a few oddball things, including these pins. The gold plate has now been melted down with some gold jewelry I detected into a button weighing about 1.75 ounces.