Equinox 800 At My House!!!

Tometusns

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Great finds, Tom!

Did you discern a date on that Shield Nickel?  I can see from your pics that it has the rays on the reverse.  Only 1866 and some of 1867 (the first two years -- actually the first two years the US produced nickel 5 cent pieces) had rays, so it's one of those.  Unfortunately, like my only Shield find, a century or more in the ground has not been kind to it. :sad:  Still an excellent find, though.

Park 1 has the lowest default recovery speed (5) on the Eqx800 of all the 8 factory preset modes.  I can see from your results that even that is pulling treasure out of iron trash.  I continue to be encouraged since iron trash is the biggest nemesis of my sites.

Thanks GB! Yep, it's 1867 and pretty clear under the glass. Pk1 has been very good to me.  I think the default setting of 5 on recovery and my swing speed work well together. I tend to go a lot slower than most of the guys I hunt with and the 5 tone I like better than 50 tone. That's just personal preference but works for me. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Wonder what was in the center of that bracelet.  Great finds.

Thanks Chase! I would suspect probably a colored glass center piece. It was kinda cool but not expensive. 

I went back out to the ball fields this morning for an hour. I got 5 wheaties. Two of which I could just say man and shake my head. There's been a discussion about getting outside of what you've learned in the past about repeatable signals. 2 of the wheaties were such targets. I was shocked I got 5 wheaties but amazed at 2 of them. I just couldn't hardly believe it when I saw them. 

20180320_113832.jpg

• Like 4

It happened, four hunts a little over 3 hours total.  All together 9 wheaties  and yesterday the rosey. I played ball here when I was a kid 55 years ago. Pk1 with the recovery 6, volume down to 1 iron, 5 next two segments, 25 on the last two. I'm only looking for high conductors.  

20180321_110312.jpg

20180321_123658.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats Tom!!!  How cool is it that you found the dime you dropped while playing ball all those years ago?!!  How did it hit?... looks pretty deep from the plug...  Nice finds!! Tim.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Congrats Tom!!!  How cool is it that you found the dime you dropped while playing ball all those years ago?!!  How did it hit?... looks pretty deep from the plug...  Nice finds!! Tim.

It didn't hit great but good enough to make me dig it. Glad I did!

• 4 weeks later...

Noxy got a couple more silver rosey's at the park. Got her first half dollars, two from the same yard but not silver. Another barber dime and other treasures. I'm still using pk1, usually run the iron bias at 3, I'll piddle with the segment volume some depending on where I'm hunting. I did set up a user profile with everything rejected but 13 and 22up. 

20180326_105150.jpg

20180411_211948.jpg

20180404_091616.jpg

20180409_122819.jpg

FB_IMG_1523889433041.jpg

FB_IMG_1523889449742.jpg

FB_IMG_1523889498745.jpg

Screenshot_20180416-103636_Video Player.jpg

• Like 4