Safari Best Coil For Coin Shooting??

Dakota

19 hours ago, Dakota said:

On a safari what is the best coil for coin shooting in hi trash areas?  Thanks  Bill

Not familiar with the Safari but think it's an FBS machine?  With my etrac I have many coils and they all have their place and work well. With that said....high dense trash my 6" EQ2  is the go-to coil (and also my favorite of all coils if and when the situation calls for it).

I tried several small coils on my E-Trac and they all performed very well except the Coiltek 10x5.. It had poor depth compared to other small coils and just had a sluggish feel to me.  I had the same experience with the one made for the CTX. Not sure how small you want to go. The Detech 4.5x7 Excelerator and SEF 8x6 Butterfly  are both great little coils. The SunRay 8” is deep for its size if you want something a little bigger.  I wanted something with a little better coverage in moderate trash conditions and found I really like the NEL Hunter. I sold all my other smaller coils and haven’t missed them yet. If I ever wanted to buy another real small coil for high trash conditions, I would probably get the SEF 8x6 again.  After all this rambling I guess I’m trying to say they all have performed good for me except the smaller Coilteks.  

Bryan

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the late response. In case you didn't find the right small coil for your Safari... Try the Detech SEF Bufferfly 6x8... it's awesome at separating in the trash. I use it on my Safari.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I'm surprised you didn't like the small Coiltek 10 x 5, that coil is brilliant on the GPX 4500, very sensitive to small targets and still goes pretty deep.   

It very well could be a great coil on the GPX.. I just didn’t like them on the E-Trac and CTX. FBS is completely different technology then the GPX 4500.

Bryan

• Like 1