Good Video

Mountain Mike

The speed thing is pretty interesting. If you have a target at the edge of detection a couple really fast sweeps might help the ID come in better. Its an air test so who knows. 

12 hours ago, Mountain Mike said:

The speed thing is pretty interesting. If you have a target at the edge of detection a couple really fast sweeps might help the ID come in better. Its an air test so who knows. 

Mike, I had that very same thought.  Will be interested to see if that little "trick" might carry over to in-ground targets...

Steve

1 hour ago, steveg said:

Mike, I had that very same thought.  Will be interested to see if that little "trick" might carry over to in-ground targets...

Steve

The old Whites were that way, 6000 Di Pro, I'd get a hit and the faster I swung, sometimes the signal would improve. That's a sweet looking machine.:biggrin:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

The old Whites were that way, 6000 Di Pro, I'd get a hit and the faster I swung, sometimes the signal would improve. That's a sweet looking machine.:biggrin:

Interesting, Dan.  I've heard that about the 6000 Di Pro before.  Would be a real neat thing to try, in a test garden.  Iffy, deep signal, a few FAST "Minelab wiggles" instead of slow ones, might give you a little extra clue...

I'll be interested to learn these, and other little nances...

Steve

37 minutes ago, steveg said:

Interesting, Dan.  I've heard that about the 6000 Di Pro before.  Would be a real neat thing to try, in a test garden.  Iffy, deep signal, a few FAST "Minelab wiggles" instead of slow ones, might give you a little extra clue...

I'll be interested to learn these, and other little nances...

Steve

Personally, I think Equinox is going to fun to use and learn at the same time. It'll take some time to unlock it's real potential. I've been swinging the CTX for a year now, and honestly, I'm just now feeling in sync with it.  If guys start bitching about how lousy the machine is, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. No way your going to learn what this machine can or can't do in a week or two. But, get ready, if you thought the complaining was bad before, it's only about to begin lol!!

UGH -- I HOPE you are wrong about the complaining, but suspect that you are right on target!

I have been swinging the CTX only a couple of months, and even coming from 7 years of FBS experience before it, I STILL am nowhere near understanding the nuances of this machine, and thus being able to utilize its full capability.  Sure I can find goodies with it, but am I exploiting it to its max ability?  Nowhere CLOSE!

Anyone that thinks they can accurately assess any machine's ability in a week or two, is, simply, mistaken.

Steve

• Thanks 1

The Equinox is not the detector to end all detectors and anyone that has had more than one detector knows that until you get 100+ hours of using it you won't know if it is what you expected or not. I like to start in pre programmed modes and get comfy before I try to tweak anything. I tried to get my V3i to do all the things the experts said it would do when I 1st got it and within two weeks I was ready to junk it. I went back to the basics and in about 3 months I gradually tried other stuff but I gave myself a chance to learn it. 

I think the Equinox will be great out of the box and as time goes on and I learn it better and then I can come back to the forums to learn what I didn't understand before I got it.. 

They beauty of these forums is there is always someone that learned a magic trick that helps everyone or posts a good video that you understand without a 10 minute narrative 1st.

• Like 1