Great article.  Sotheby's has in its possession the world's largest perfect brilliant-cut Diamond.

102.34 ct white diamond

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By phoenix
      I bought another Michigan copper nugget the other day.      I love this kind of stuff.      This one goes 235 grams.  7½ ounces feels really nice in your hand

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Know your Rocks.
      This highly desired collectors piece was found by one of my customers with a Fisher Gold Bug-2.
      If you did not know what to look for you'd probably toss the rock aside thinking "just another iron stone hot rock".  When you see a good variety of colors and minerals, its time to slow down.
      Here is a 1 of a kind tree shape gold specimen or Dagger.
      Thanks to my customers for sharing your photos of Success with me.

• By Bob(AK)
      A couple of my finds from this summer, a tube shaped piece filled with quartz and calcite and an ammonite with and without shortwave light

Both about 8"

• By Rick Watkins
      Hi guys,
      got a question with octahedral gold, I have been trying to get a clear picture of how this is formed.
      Can someone explain how this is formed, I have looked this up but cant get a clear picture of makeup.
      I realized recently that I have found a octohedral piece of gold from a recent hunt, pretty small but nice.
      it is around 1/16 of an inch. Anyone with info on this I would appreciate it. Thanks Rick
    • By Steve Herschbach
      A California woman says she found a 1½ carat diamond while mining gold near the Sierra Nevada foothills town of Foresthill.
      “I was like ‘Oh, my god, I found a diamond,’  ” said Jillian Kelly.
      Kelly, 49, left her Silicon Valley career to take up mining 10 years ago and wrote ‘The Miracle Miner: My Life as a Female Gold Miner.” The uncut semi-clear pebble-sized stone is about width of a dainty pinky finger.
      The rest of the story with photos at The Sacramento Bee
    • By 1515Art
      Found a copper ore nodule scanning some mine tailings in n Nevada, 94 on the Deus and very heavy. XRF readings at the local pawn shop were; Fe 1.53%, Zn 27.37%, Sn .632%, Cu 67.68%, Pb 2.37%. Sure wish there was a little Au in there, next time I wish. Or, could this just be a melted fitting buried in the tailing pile way in the desert high on the side of a hill?