Equinox 800 Coming Tomorrrow!

steveg

Well, as several others have been posted, having been fortunate to be receiving an Equinox this week, I got a totally surprise, unexpected text from my dealer today with a tracking number attached!  I spoke with him a few days ago, and was under the impression that he had "missed out" on the first batch of machines, being the small dealer that he is.

Guess not!  I was #2 on his list, and he got two!  I was expecting it would be several more weeks, before I might see mine!  I guess it's time for me to find a way to shift gears, shift the schedule around, load-shed a few things, and get ready to do some Equinox testing!!! 

LOL!

Steve

• Like 7

Thats awesome Steve. I can't wait to see what you uncover. I'd definitely be taking the day off tomorrow in preparation to hunt. 

1 hour ago, Equinox1881 said:

Sounds just like me I get mine tomorrow I was #2 on the list and he received 2 he is a very small dealer as well gl&hh!!!!!!!

Ha -- that's funny!  We both have the same story!!  Good luck with yours!

Steve

1 hour ago, Skate said:

Thats awesome Steve. I can't wait to see what you uncover. I'd definitely be taking the day off tomorrow in preparation to hunt. 

I'm trying to decide whether to sneak out for a bit to hunt, or whether it makes more sense just to take some time learning how the menus work, etc., and doing some testing in the test garden.  I know what the SMARTER thing to do would be, but...  ;)

Steve

Yep; there seem to be more arriving in users' hands than I first expected...

Steve

12 hours ago, steveg said:

Well, as several others have been posted, having been fortunate to be receiving an Equinox this week, I got a totally surprise, unexpected text from my dealer today with a tracking number attached!  I spoke with him a few days ago, and was under the impression that he had "missed out" on the first batch of machines, being the small dealer that he is.

Guess not!  I was #2 on his list, and he got two!  I was expecting it would be several more weeks, before I might see mine!  I guess it's time for me to find a way to shift gears, shift the schedule around, load-shed a few things, and get ready to do some Equinox testing!!! 

LOL!

I just got a text from John, I'm #3 on the list. I should get mine next go round. Have fun and we all look forward to hearing what you think.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 1:09 AM, steveg said:

Yep; there seem to be more arriving in users' hands than I first expected...

Steve

Minelab actually shipped out a lot of units, and it is obvious now they scattered them around to dealers all over and not all just to a few large dealers. The reality people have to keep in mind is most detector users are not on the internet. I have gone to club meetings where 100 people were present and was quite surprised at how few people would raise hands when asked if they visit forums or other internet “groups”. When you see what happened on some sites with Equinox that should not surprise anyone.

The good news is we are starting to see more reports than anticipated just a couple weeks ago as people check in. :smile:

• Like 1