When Will The Second Batch Arrive??

jjm861

Hopefully soon.  

Cabelas is notorious for advertising that they have things in stock, and then saying they are backordered.  Our local Cabelas said they would only be carrying the Equinox 600 but didn't have one on hand or know when one would be available.  They said the 800 would be special order only and also didn't know when one would be available.  This was 2 days ago.  

Equinox comes with a full set of different language screen protectors. Use the one you prefer and the rest are backups that can be used as is, or the lower portion with the menu options can be trimmed off and discarded. They are really just “training wheels” for people new to the Minelab icon set. People who have used models like the E-TRAC, X-Terra, and CTX will already know what most of these icons mean.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

As far as I'm concerned all the dealers prepaid order should have been filled before anyone else gets any units!

But I guess they already have our money so why not try and get some more right?

You aren't the only one irritated by this.  MineLab has used all this "pre-order, prepay, waiting list" buzz very much to their advantage to generate interest in the Equinox.  And some of us have contributed to that buzz by pre-paying/pre-ordering and then participating in various forums/facebook, etc. The very least they could have done is make sure the people who played by the rules and paid for their units months ago got them first.  After all, we are showing quite a bit of good faith in MineLab by pre-paying for a product most of us have never even touched.  I think most people who pre-paid, like me, were under the impression that it was 1st paid, first served. Not cool, MineLab.  Not cool!

Minelab never asked or encouraged anyone to pre-pay.  Minelab likewise can not dictate to dealers what the dealer’s payment terms are.  If your dealer is greedy enough to demand pre-payment, then you should be clear over what delivery priority you are getting in advance.

Given that Minelab doesn’t invoice dealers until the detector ships (and the dealers then have 30 days to pay Minelab) - I have little respect for the business ethics of any dealer who demands pre-payment.

Sounds like a lot of folks are waking up to the fact that they should be more careful which dealers they do business with.

i put up a $200 REFUNDABLE deposit via PayPal - a deposit my dealer didn’t ask for - in order to demonstrate my serious commitment.  In return he confirmed my place in his waiting list.

• Like 2

I ordered through BigBoysHobbies.com and was required to pay the full price even though the detector was months out.  There is nothing GREEDY, or usual, about paying for an item long before you get it.  Back in the day, when you ordered products from a catalog, it could take a month or two to get your order. If you've ever ordered from vendors overseas, it can take months to get your item. Once I ordered a hand made Khukuri from Nepal. That order took 120 days at least to get, and I was required to pay in full beforehand.  People today have little patience.  It's an instant gratification world we live in.  If somebody was clever enough to figure out how to get an Equinox from Cabela's without waiting, then good for them.  I'm sure Cabela's received the same quantity as Smellyco. And since Cabala's doesn't take pre-orders, they just sold them first come first served.  Seems fair to me. Wish I thought of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pre pay or not. I do know Cabela's had the Equinox listed as  in stock last week. I wanted to check because I know Cabela's is a preferred partner for Minelab. I was tempted but I didn't try and order one. I have been a faithful customer of Bart from BigBoysHobbies for about 6 years. He is straight shooter and is always there to answer questions personally. More often than not the best price anywhere as well but you have to order over the phone to get the best pricing.

I do know he is expecting another shipment by the end of the month but doubted he would get enough to cover pre orders. 

• Like 1